i don't care

I sighed as I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen where the kids were eating breakfast.

"Morning."

I said with a smile as I sat at the table with me. All the kids smiled and continued talking except for one.

Skye.

She's been really hurt since we had our talk. I felt bad for her. She didn't deserve to feel all this pain.

"Skye? How's your breakfast?"

I asked her, trying to get something out of her. She looked up at me, dropped her fork, and stormed off to her room. I sighed as I exchanged looks with Gabi.

"I'll be back."

I said as I got up from the table. I walked over to Skye's room and knocked on the door.

"Skye? Open the door please."

I said. No response.

"Skye please. Just talk to me. I'm here for you."

I said again. No response. I sighed as I pulled the key out of my pocket and opened the door. But what I saw made my heart break.

Skye was self-harming.

How does an 11 year old even know about that?

"Skye. Sweetheart."

I said as I took the blade from her and wrapped her into my arms.

"Get off of me! You're the reason I'm upset."

She sobbed.

"It's okay sweetheart. You're gonna be okay. But you need help. And you're gonna get help, okay?"

I told her. I picked her and carried her out to the car. I felt so horrible for even telling her about Daniel now and even laying a finger on her. But now I'm gonna get her help.

I was contemplating one thing.

I picked up my phone and looked at Pam's number. But I just threw my phone to the side. I'm not gonna call her. She's happy with Aaron. There's a slim chance she'd even come down here anyway.