A Month In

———————-[Edited]———————
It has been about a month since all this happened, thankfully my dad is still alive. We have decided to go to the mountains, we have some good materials so it is easy to live. We had a tent up hear not much but it kept us out of nature.

One night I saw my dad go outside I never knew why but he did. A few hours later I woke up to the sound of Eaters (the infected). I went outside and it was my dad hanging from a rope, I was shocked. Then I saw two little notes the first one I read was for me, it said,

"Dear, Lydia
I'm sorry I didn't just tell you. I went out to go to the bathroom, and well I got bit. I'm so very sorry I have to leave you on your Own since there was an eater up here I think they will eventually all come. So watch out and don't stay up here for much longer
                                            Love, Dad"

After that, I just stood there thinking two things why dad just why, and you idiot you have to hit yourself in the head. Then I hear some people coming so took my note and I ran behind some trees and watched them. It was a man with a crossbow and a woman.

The man said, " well look what an idiot we got hear Andrea".

"Hey don't call him an idiot he could have been a good man" she snapped back. He was, I thought then they saw the other note. they read it out loud.

"Got Bite
Fever hit
World turned to shit
Might as well quit."

"Dang," the man said and he started walking away. "wait," said Andrea "are we going to put him down, Daryl?".

" no it will be a waste of an arrow for this stupid thing," He said angrily.

"Come on Daryl just do this for me this is all I ask"

Daryl stood there for a second and then finally said "ok" and shot my dad in the head "one less arrow" he said.

They went into the tent and took all the things useful in it. When I went back in the tent and got the Knife from under my sleeping bag and there was an apple left. I took them both and ran after them.

I stood there in the shadows behind them trying to find there camp. Then they got back To there camp, after a few minutes of scouting out the area it looked good. I decided to come out and say "hey I'm looking for Daryl and Andrea".

Everyone was shocked to see me it's like they have never seen a kid before which was weird because they had two kids that looked about my age and other younger ones.

Daryl came up to me and said, "what do you want?"

I said trying to act as cool as possible "I want my stuff back" he chuckled and said

"what are you talking about?"

" the hanging eater, that was my dad and the tent was mine too".

I saw someone come up wearing a sharif hat he said, "kid how old are you?"

"I'm nine"

"ok," he said, "well would you like to join us?"

I stood there for a second and thought well I don't really know them but they seem nice then I said "um, ya sure"

I wasn't going to stay there for long though. All I need is sleep, food, and maybe a pistol, then I will be on my way. But I wasn't going to tell them that they would probably not let me do that so I will just run away. The man in the sharifs hat said his name was Rick and he introduced me to everyone else.

I knew Darrel and Andrea, but there was Carol, Lori, Glenn, T-dog, some other people and the two kids my age Sophia and Carl.

There wasn't a place for me to sleep so I slept in Daryl's tent because he was on watch out. But they gave me a little food to eat and then I went to bed.

Word count: 698