Don't Do War

--------------Edited-------------

It has been a week since the beginning of the war. And since I and Carl got together. Enid. She doesn't know. Carl wanted to tell her, but I convinced him not.

I also tried to get Carl to leave his bandage off. Ya, that's not going to happen. Let's just say there were some voices raised. He thinks it's ugly. He thinks no one will like him. How can that be true if I like him without it?

I've been trying everything in my power not to take my pills. But Carl keeps making me. He sits there and watches me take them. He knows me all too well.

Carl and I are in a van going to get gas. Carl's driving. I never knew he was that good. We walk down to the gas station in silence. We check inside the cars to make sure there are no walkers.

"Hi." says a man.

Carl and I instantly Pull out our guns. him dropping the gas tank. We turned around.

The man said, "I don't know what exactly to say, so I'm going to say something my mom used to say." Carl and I looked around frantically. "Whatever you have of good spend on the traveler. My mom said that helping a person without a home is everything."

I motioned my head towards a Car to hide behind. We made our way over there. I stayed up while Carl crawled down to see his feet from under the Carl.

The man continued "I understand that you might not trust people I get it. My mom also said my mercy prevails over my wrath. I haven't eaten in a few days and you might not even be real."

Carl quickly got up and ran Towards the man. I followed behind him. Before I could catch up Carl had his gun pointed at the man and said, "hands up."

I came next to Carl and out my gun up too.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted some food." Begged the man.

I was about to shoot him when we hired a gunshot. I and Carl looked at our guns. The shots weren't from us. The man ran off and rick came in shooting his gun In the air. "We were supposed to meet at the intersection."

Carl looked at rick pissed. For some reason he's mad.

"I shot over his head." Said Rick.

"I wouldn't of," I mumbled.

"He said that-" Carl started.

"I hired what he said." Rick stopped him.

I looked at Carl "he could have been a savior." Rick nodded.

Carl stomped off saying "there's not going to be enough."

"Enough what?" Said, Rick, as he stood next to me.

"Hope."

Next day

The next day rick and a bunch of people were going to fight the saviors. Carl went to say bye. I came with him because I have nowhere else to go. Rick gave Carl a hug taking off his hat. Once he lay go he nodded at me and left.

Michonne and I were standing next to Carl with him In The middle. Carl looked forward and said "I know you two wanted to go with them. I did too."

"Everything hurts." Said michonne. "But I wanted to you defend this place."

"Help me?" Asked Carl

"Yah, this is your show now."

Carl scoffed. I leaving on him and gave him a hug. "Come on Carl the ringleader. No more of being the kid."
I said quoting Gareth from the terminus.