Hearts Still Beating

------------Edited---------------

We walked into the main room well Negan hit Lucille in the railing. Everyone got into there knees. He gave Carl his bat and then said.

"You know the deal. What's about to happen is hard to watch. I wish that I could just ignore the rules and let it slide. But I can't. Why?"

"The rules keep us alive."
everyone chanted.

"That is right. We survive. We provide security to others." We walked down the steps. "We bring civilization back to this world. We are the saviors. But we can't do that without rules. Rules are what make it all work. I know it's not easy. But there is always a cost. Hear, if you try to skirt it! if you try to cut that corner! Then it is the iron for you! On your feet."

Everyone stood up when we walked down to the lower level. Dwight gave Negan a burning hot iron.

Time to see what the iron is.

I was starting next to Carl. Negan took the iron and put it up against the man's face. He screamed. I jumped a little and grabbed Carl hand. He looked at me and I looked at him.

I slowly let go. I was getting the vibe he didn't like it. he let go too. He just looked at Negan. Then to Daryl.

Negan pulled away from the iron and the man passed out.

" Jesus. He pissed himself."

He walked to Daryl and said. "Clean that up."

Negan walked over to carl and I "some crazy shit huh? You probably think I'm a lunatic."

"You are," I whispered.

Negan eyes me as I eye him. Then he told me. "Come on. Let's figure out what to do with this kid."

We went back to his room and Negan was weighing in his book. I was looking at Carl.

"Can I wrap up my face now?"

Dang, it. I was making him seek bad.

"No. You Absolutely can not."

"Why the hell not?!"

Negan laughed and said "look at this badass. You can't because I'm not done with you. As I like looking at your disgusting rad ass, badass eye. So it staying out. What? you have something to say?"

"Why haven't you killed me? Or my dad? Or Daryl?"

"Daryl is going to make a good soldier. He thinks he's holding it together. But you saw him. Your dad, he already getting me great stuff. You on the other hand. Well. We shall see. You're a smart kid. What do you think I should do?"

There was a silence then Carl stood up and said
"I think, you should jump out that window, to save me the trouble of killing you."

"Now there is the kid that impressed the hell out of me."

"I think you're not saying what you're going to do to me. Because you're not going to do anything to me."

"If you knew them!" I said. "If you knew what we can do. You would kill us. But you can't."

"maybe your right. Maybe I can't. I got an Idea. I want you two to make out."

"What?"

"I said I want you two to make out. Right, here, right now. Or have I been wrong this whole time." He stopped and looked at both of us. "Holy crap. My mistake. You two, really aren't together. Do I feel stupid? Come on kids lets go for a ride."

We got into a truck and drove to Alexandria. Negan knocked on Carl's front door and Olivia answered. Negan whistled and walked through the house. I was behind Carl and Olivia stopped us. She said, "Carl where's-"