The Claimers

———————-[Edited]———————
It has been a few days since the fight. I don't want to lose anyone else. I decided that I'm going to leave Beth and Daryl. I'm happy that Daryl took my headband. I shouldn't have it any more. It makes me look weak. No one can have that.

I left a note in the Dirt saying 'I need to be alone don't find me' that was a few hours ago. They've probably seen it by now. I just hope they don't find me. I'm walking in the middle of the road. I decided to take a brake.

I went to the edge of the forest and sat down. I went to a tree to find some sap or Anything to eat. Then I remembered something I saw in a YouTube video. It said that you can eat tree bark. I pick off a pice.

Hear we go I though. The bark was dry. But it was something to eat. All of a sudden I heard a twig snap. I took out my knife and looked around.

then a group of six men came out from the trees. One was fat. another had a bow. One was pretty old. And they all were probably rednecks.

"Oh, look here she's so hungry she's eating trees!" the man with a bow said.

"I can't wait to get my hands on her," the fat one said freaking me out.

"Hold on," the old one said I think he's the leader. "I'm claiming her"

"What?" I spoke up with a chuckle.

"I claimed you. It's ok, there not going to hurt you. Hi I'm joe."

Joe introduced me to everyone. There is Tony the African-American. Harley, Billy, and Loe some quiet guys. Dan, the fat perv. Len the archer and two other people.

As we walked joe told me how things worked he told me "the only thing you have to do to have something be yours is say 'claimed'"

"So, you 'claimed' me?" I asked well making the quotation mark gesture with my hands.

"Yes, but I did it for your own good. Your probably to young to understand what Dan was going to do to you."

"No ones to young for anything anymore." I interrupted.

We eventually got to a neighborhood. We stopped at a house to get some rest. We walked in and everyone started yelling "claimed!". I didn't know what to do. After everyone was done raiding the house I went outside to Joe on the porch.

"Come here" he told me. He handed me a can of beans. "Anything of mine is yours. Just ask."

I gave him a little smile and started eating. We then heard a yell coming from in the house. One of they guys died and came back. It was on of the guys I didn't know the name of. He was killed by Tony.

Then we found another dude that I didn't know the name of. We was killed by someone that was in the house. As I was sitting on the porch eating me beans I saw three people running down the road. It was a black girl. A man and a boy.

Carl? I thought but then I quickly shook it off.

A day later

We were walking on the rode until we ran into a man. Joe pushed me behind. He has become very protective of me. "The vest is claimed" Len said "I like them angle wings"

"Did you say angle wings?" I asked

The man sitting in the ground look up "Lydia?" He asked.

"Daryl!" I yelled as he stood up and I ran over to hug him. "It's ok guys. I know him."

"Great!" Joe cheered "Then you can tell him our rules."

Well we walked I filled him in on the claimed stuff. I also told him how I met them. Daryl told me what happened to Beth. how she got taken away by a car with a cross on it.

Then Daryl reached for his bag and pulled out my headband. I gave him a big smile and put it on.

We eventually found a Singh that said

terminus
sanctuary
for all
community
for all
those who arrive
survive

"We've been seeing these around. I think we should go."Joe said.

We all agreed and fallowed the train tracks. We found a place next to them to rest for the night. In there Len tried to frame Daryl from taking his rabbit. Joe saved Daryl and all of the claimers that Are left killed him. The next Morning we left and kept fallowing the train tracks.

We walked and walked for the hole day until it was about midnight. We saw some people camping on the road. Joe told me and Daryl to go ahead of them. Me and Daryl came back and we heard Joe was counting down. "Stop" Daryl interrupted.

I turned my head to see Carl in the truck. My eyes lit up. I looked in front of Daryl to see rick and Michonne. They were both shocked to see us. I was shocked to see them.

"Your stopping me on 8 Daryl" Joe said

We slowly walked closer. "This is the guy who killed our man. So we got nothing to talk about." Said, Harley

"The thing about nowadays is we got nothing but time," Joe said still holding a gun to ricks head. "Say your piece, Daryl"

"These people your gonna let them go. These are good people."

"I don't think he'd agree with you all because your friend hears strangled him in s bathroom." Joe talked to Daryl as I looked at Carl and he looked at me.

"You want blood I get it, man," said Daryl "take it from me man. Come on."

"This man killed our people. You say he's good people that there is a lie. It's a lie!" He said right before one of the claimers hit Daryl over the head.

I was shocked at what they were doing. I ran over to save Carl but Dan grabbed my arm and grabbed Carl. "You leave them be!" Rick yelled.

Dan had me under his arm now and Carl was in his other with a knife to his throat. I knew exactly what was going on and I think Carl did too. As Carl and I struggled he pinned Carl down. I tried to push him off Carl but he was too big. He kept pushing me back saying "back off kitty" mocking me of my headband.

"Stop you're squirming," Dan told Carl well making his evil laugh. Then there was a gunshot which made me jump. Carl reached for his knife but was unsuccessful. Dan started unbuckling Carl pants. I freaked out and took my gun out of its holster and shot I'm straight in the head.

It distracted joe for a second for rick to bite into his neck. I pushed Dan's dead body Off of Carl and hugged him. We sat there in each other's arm. We watched Rick, michonne, and Daryl killed the claimers.

I and Carl went to sleep in the car. I was on michonnes lap and I felt her move hair out of my face.

Word count:1219