Loser

———————-[Edited]———————
After eating Carl and I went back to the soon to be garden. A while later Rick came to help. Then Hershel. Then Beth came over holding Judith. We all were shoveling then Carl hat fell off.

"Carl where did you get the hat?" I asked.

"After I got shot at the farm, my dad gave it to me."

I nodded and picked it up. I through it on Beth's Head and said "look, there's a new sheriff in town"

We all smiled and went back to working, well talking small talk. Soon after Michonne came back from a run. Me and Carl through down our shovels and ran to her. "Hey, how was the run?" I asked

"It was fine. Hey, I got you something." she said pulling comic books out of a plastic bag. She handed them to Carl and he ran off with a big grin after yelling "Thanks."

After he ran off she pulled something else out of the bag. It was a small Ipod with some earbuds. "Be wise with them so they don't die."

I smiled and hugged her. She hugged back and turned me around. She nudged to go back to me room. Yes my room. I think I'm starting to get used to this being home.

I put on a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt. I took the earbuds and iPod that was in the bag, and looked through all the music. there were probably 500 songs on this. I scrolled through and found a song that looked familiar. It was

At The Bottom Of Everything
by: Bright Eyes

😢

"Oh, my mornings coming back. The hole worlds walking up." I sang until I heard a nock. It was Carl. He laughed.

"WHAT are you doing?"

I took out the ear bugs and said "what?"

"I said, what are you doing?" He repeated.

"I'm listening to music. Is it some sort of crime?"

"No. 'Cause there is no rules anymore."

"I think there are" I mumbled to myself.

"You want to go eat dinner?" I nodded in reply. I got up and grabbed my headband. I put it on and Carl gave me a strange look.

"What?"

"Why are you wearing that?"

"I don't know, I just like it." I said chuckling at the last part. Then I gave him a playful nudge. As we walked in Mika and Lizzie came up to us. Carl went quite.

"What you two doing?" Mika asked.

"We're just talking." I replied. Carl just acted like we didn't know each other.

"Carl, are you ok?"

He nodded his head and walked away to Patrick. I scoffed and me, Mika and Lizzie went to a table. We ate then I went back to my room. Well I was walking Carl caught up to me. "Hi" he said with a grin.

"What was that?" I asked

He gave me a confused look when I said "why were you acting like a dick around Mika and Lizzie?"

One of the adults look at us and I rolled my eyes "sorry" I mumble.

"You don't know what I know" he answered.

Déjà vu I thought.

We just kept walking in silence.

The next day

I woke up to Mika shaking me. "Get up! I'm bored!"

"Ok! Ok! Ill meet you in the field in a minute!" I yelled as I started to Change. I put on my headband and went outside. When I went outside it was pretty light out. I walked past Carl and he had his shirt off.

"Carl!" He looked over to me "ya, you noodle! You need to eat. Or the walkers aren't going to be the reason you die!"

Wait did I just say walker. Man, these people are starting to rub off on me.

I went to Mika and she was picking flowers. I didn't question why, but I was wondering. I walked over a picked up a daisy. I gave it to Mika and she smiled. After a wile I finally asked "why are you picking flowers?"

"Well there's two reason" she answered. "I wanted to give them to Daryl. You know to thank him for getting us dinner last night."

"What's the other reason?" I asked.

"Because it's fun."

"Ok?"

"What do you not think it's fun?" She
said back.

"No. Just a plain out no. It is really boring to me. No offense."

"Then what did you do for fun?" She asked.

"I played video games. Lots of video games. When I was younger I played outside with my friends a lot. But then I got addicted. Honestly, the only reason I've survived this long is because I've had someone with me."

I helped her pick more flowers. We talked about what we wanted to be when we grow up, and other small things. When we where done she went to go give them to Daryl. I went over to Carl He was sweaty his shirt was sticking to his body.

He went in for a hug but I dodged saying. "Nope" well popping the 'p'. He invited me to his room to hangout. I tried to decline but he said "you really do think I have cooties?"

I shook my head with a big huff then saying "fine."

When we got there he started to take his shirt off. "I'll wait out hear" I said twirling around. Knowing him, I knew he was smirking. When I finally herd a "done" I came in. He took out a comic and threw it to me.

I caught it. "I like that one, you got to read it." He said laying on his bed, well I was at the desk chair. We sat there for a hour reading. After I finished the comic I said, " Ok, I'm bored."

"You just now finished it?!" He said loudly.

"Yes, I'm a slow reader." I replied

"You mean very slow." we both laughed. 

I threw the comic at his face and dug into the draws getting out a sharpie and paper.

"What are you doing?" Carl asked

"I'm drawing. Like I said I'm bored." I said back not looking up.

"Make something for me." He chirped.

I looked up and sat next to him. "Don't look it has to be a surprise."

 He closed his eyes and I wrote 'I'm stupid' on his arm. "Almost finished" I said right before writing a big 'L' on his head. He looked down at his arm. "What did you do to my face?!?" He screamed.

"Go look for yourself." I said with a big smile on my face. I stepped out of the doorway for him to get to the bathroom. When he came back he looked mad. But then he started to burst out laughing.

"Hay." Maggie came in. "You two should get to bed."

"Ok," I said "see you tomorrow... loser" as I left I herd a faint chuckle from Carl. Then I herd a muffled, "I'm not the loser."

Word count:1298