Meet And Greet

————————[Edited]——————
I awoke and it was around 9 in the morning. I was wide awake. I went outside to observe everyone up. Rick came to me and he asked me "how are you?"

"Good" I answered.

I grabbed a light bit of food and then Laurie asked me if I want to do something, that I can go down to the lake and see Carl and Sophia.

After I dressed I went down there, when I got there, they were skipping rocks and talking. I came up to them and they started chatting again I said "hi, I'm Lydia"

"hi, Lydia" they both said. They went back to skipping rocks, then several minutes later Carl said, "so what was your life like before all of this?"

I replied with "simple, I was the weirdo outsider that no one knew."

"That sounds boring," Carl said.

"Ya, but I had really good friends."

Sophia skipped 15 and I said "cool, how did you do that."

"oh it's simple," she said, "you just need to keep it flat as you throw."

I took a rock and launched it And skipped it 23 times. "Dang!" I bawled I was so happy.

Carl came over and gave me a high five. "I didn't know I could do that" I continued. We spent the day skipping rocks and trying to beat me. they got literally every number below 23 but couldn't do it.

Shortly it was time for dinner. Daryl got a deer and I ate like a hog. I didn't realize how famished I was. Carl smiled at me, and I felt a way I never felt before, but I just shrugged it off and went back to feeding.

The next day
I woke up to Sophia rocking me. "Lydia are you awake?"

"I am now."

"Sorry, I just need to tell you something Carl said yesterday"

I raised my eyebrow. "what did he say?" 

She grins and chuckles then whispered "he likes you" I didn't know how to respond all that came out was

"ok?"

Sophia whisper-yelled, "that's all you have to say!?"

"Ya, I guess so I just, don't know" I replied.

"Well you should know, this is awesome"

I scoffed and said "I barely even know him" she came to me and said "maybe your right" I nodded and she walked out.

Is she speaking the truth, I thought. If she is then what is with Carl, I just met him yesterday.

I rolled and twisted and then chose to get out of bed. The fire was still burning. I took a bucket and went down to the lake and filled up the container. When I came back Sophia was helping her mom, Carol washing clothes. I poured the water into the fire. I walked to Sophia and said "hi."

Carol smiled and when her husband came she glanced down and proceeded to wash the laundry. I broke the muteness by suggesting "you want to go and play Sophia?"

"I can't" she returned.

"Ok" I walked away murmuring "I am so bored." I went to go look for Carl but he was with his dad's buddy Shane. I noticed Shane splashing in the water while Carl held a bucket. I progressed to the camper to see Dale pulling on it with the top lifted up. "What ya doing?" I asked.

"Well, the gas has a small leak." He said being really friendly. "You want to see"

"ok!" I beamed.

I observed him mend it, then later he taught me how to jumpstart a car. Then I saw Carl start to come up the hill soaked.

"I'm going to go, Dale!" I spoke as he grinned and waved goodbye.

I ran down to the range to reach Carl half way down. "Hi," I said awkwardly.

"hay!" He responded back.

We stood there not knowing what to do. Then he asked, "you want to go down in the lake?"

"Weren't you just there?" I said attempting to sound like I was watching him.

"Ya, but it would be fun with someone who is a kid."

"I would but I have nothing to wear"

"oh ok well we can see if you could use something of Sophia's"

"ya, that would be great" we ran to her she was sitting talking with her mom. As she looked up at us we questioned in unison "hay can I/she borrow some of your clothes so we can go and swim in the lake?" We smiled at each other and she smiled too saying "only if I can come too" we nodded and went to her tent. I and Sophia got in as Carl came in with us. Then Sophia forced him out as I said "wait out here"

Word count: 807