Safety

———————-[Edited]———————
All the kids were put I to quarantine. I and Carl were put In charge because we have the most experience with this stuff. Carl is straight out pissed about it, I don't understand why. We're doing what needs to be done. We're protecting people.

I don't know that much that happens during this time because rick Put us 'in the back.' Even though we can do anything the adults can do. The kids kept asking questions like "will we serve" or "what's going on". I just made them think everything will be ok.

Carl left to walk the halls. And I staid to read to the kids. I read a lot of books to pass the time. I eventually got bored. I decided to do what Carol does.

I taught them how to survive. I started with knives. I taught them all I know. Eventually, they understood how to use it. Then I started with guns, all I did was teach them the basics. But I was able to help.

I stopped because Beth thought I was starting to take it too far. Then one of the kids asked "why are you teaching us this stuff? Ain't the walls going to stay up?"

I don't want to tell them the truth but I have to. "No, they aren't," I said "things don't last forever. they never will. There will always be some shit stopping us from bringing the world back to..."

"Normal?" A bother kid asked

"No. This is normal. We just tried to change it."

Later that night

I was reading a comic until I heard gunfire. I put the comic down and took out my gun. I went outside to see Rick and Carl shooting walkers. I shot the gun. I shot again, and again, the small smile on my face getting slightly bigger by the shot.

Once they were all dead Rick looked at me and said, "thanks."

I nodded and we all stood there until Carl spoke up "Dad, everything's gonna to be ok."

The next morning Michonne and Hershel went out for a run.

Word count:361