44

No one we knew was around when we pulled into the car park. I grabbed my bag and the newspapers I had for recycling. Then I jumped out and waited by the bonnet. Keean locked the doors and came around to where I was standing. He kissed me on the cheek and said, "I gotta go."

"Okay. Good luck with it," I said as I shifted the weight of the newspapers.

Keean smiled at me, bent lower and kissed me on the mouth. "Thanks, see ya."

I watched him walk toward the office, smiled and headed off to put the papers in the recycling. I ran into Terry near the bin. She grinned at me.

"What are you looking so happy about?"

I opened the lid and threw the papers in. "Aw...nothing. Just happy."

The bell went. I met up with Katie on the steps going to Phys. Ed. She grinned excitedly at me. "How did it go?" she whispered.

"Yeah good," I beamed.

Katie cocked her head and raised her eyebrows. "Well...are you going to tell me all about it?"

I couldn't help but laugh because Katie was giving me this kooky look. One of the younger kids happened to go passed at the same time and frowned at her so Katie crossed her eyes and stared after him. Then she turned back to me.

"So where is he, I thought I'd see you both stuck together like glue."

We entered the classroom as the relief teacher began speaking. "My name is Miss Gerhardt. I'm filling in for Mr. Cristaudo. He hasn't left you anything to do so I'm happy for you to talk among yourselves or read silently. If you are talking please keep your voices at a whisper."

Katie nudged me. "Perfect timing, now you can tell me all about it." She searched the room with her eyes. "Where is he anyway?"

"He's had to go to the office because of Friday. That's why Cristaudo isn't here either. It's because Keean cut class."

Katie nodded and was about to ask me another question when Nick crouched in front of us. "Crone's done for now. I saw him waiting outside the office. Him and Cristaudo."

Katie lifted her finger and indicated for Nick to come closer. He leaned forward, cocked his head to one side keen to listen to a secret. "Fuck off, Nick. Charlie and I are having a private conversation."

He flung backwards and scowled, "You're a bitch, Callum."

"Don't care. Piss off."

I covered my mouth to hide my grin.

Nick scowled again and went back to his seat. I felt a bit sorry for him because I wouldn't have liked it if someone had spoken to me like that. After Friday I realised you had to be tough on Nick to give him the hint.

Katie leaned in to me. "You were saying?"

"Poor Nick," I said. "I think you've hurt his feelings." I laughed as Katie mouthed the words 'don't care'. Then I told her everything from the knock on the door to the kiss on my lips and saying good-bye.

"What's he kiss like?"

"I don't know." The question was a bit hard to answer because my experience was limited. "I think he's fantastic." I grinned. "I guess with all my experience I should have a graph pinned to my wall and have scored them all from one to ten so I could give you a definite answer, Katie but there have been too many to keep track." I rolled my eyes and laughed at her.

She grinned and got closer. "Well do your lips get all wet and sloppy? Does he open his mouth too wide or does he stick his tongue down the back of your throat?"

I suddenly felt really embarrassed and felt my face burn. "Katie...?"

"Come on. Spill girl. I'm your best friend and one of the best parts about having a boyfriend is telling your best friend all about it."

I couldn't believe her. I giggled because it was fun to talk about it. "There was no tongue, no sloppy wet mouth and not too wide. It was soft and gentle."

"Did he push up against you?"

My embarrassment escalated. "No...not really."

"Come on Charlie you either know or you don't. I bet he had his hand on your bum, didn't he."

"No, not like that, just on my waist." I was sure my face was glowing red like a traffic light. Katie wouldn't let up.

She pointed at me and grinned. "I bet he's a horny bastard, Charlie. You better watch out."

Keean was already in the Biology classroom when I got there. He was sitting at the bench I normally sat at. I slipped onto the stool beside him. Biology didn't have the restriction like a lot of the other classes with the seating arrangements. People sat wherever they liked depending on whether we were doing theory or prac.

He leaned forward with his elbows on the bench, hung his head a little and turned to face me. "How was Phys. Ed?"

"Yeah good. How'd it go with you?"

"I've got lunch time detentions for the rest of the week and have to report to Louise this afternoon. I'm sorry I won't be able to take you home."

"That's okay. I always catch the bus anyway."

Before we could say anything more Mr. McDonald slammed his hand down on the desk. "Nice to see you two are getting along but in case you hadn't noticed you're in a class room."

I blushed as everyone in the room turned to look at us.

"Sorry, Sir, I missed Phys. Ed and was asking Charlie what I missed out on."

"Perhaps you could save it until morning tea, Crone, and finish chatting her up then."

"Sure, Sir," Keean grinned. "I'll keep that in mind."

At the end of the lesson Keean winked at me as he left to go to his Physics class. I met up with Katie outside on the verandah and saw her slip a note into Chris Hyatt's hand.

"What's with the note you slipped to Chris?" I whispered.

"I asked Chris to invite Keean to sit with us at morning tea."

"He'll want to know why, Katie then tell everyone," I said annoyed.

"What? "Don't you want everyone to know?"

"Yes...but he might hate me in a week. Then I'll end up looking like an idiot."

Katie let out a heavy sigh. "That's right, the negative thing. Anything better than negative is a bonus. You really are impossible, Charlie."

"I don't want to rush, Katie. I really like him and I don't want to ruin it. He might get annoyed with me."

"Chris knows anyway." She rocked her head comically backwards and forwards. "You're not the only one who's got a crush. Chris and I went to the movies on Sunday afternoon."

"When were you going to tell me this?" Katie sure had a way of dropping a bomb.

"I didn't want to spoil your moment." She said and fluttered her eyelashes at me.

I put my arms around her and gave her a big hug. To know she had put her own excitement aside for mine was really touching. No wonder I loved her.

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

Thank you all for reading.

I'd love you to click the star ***