63

I climbed onto the bus and sat with Katie. "How'd it go with Chris?"

She grinned. "It's all sorted."

"Well?" I cocked my head in question.

Katie sighed dreamily. The loud chatter of kid's voices all around us didn't seem to affect her. From the look on her face she was on another planet. "He said he was sorry he got shitty and knew he was being a dickhead." She sighed again. "The reason he didn't talk to me the next day was because he was ashamed of himself for being such a wanker. Isn't that wonderful?"

I don't know how she figured your boyfriend not talking to you was wonderful but who was I to judge what a person interpreted as being wonderful. "And?" I grinned and raised my eyebrows. "What did you say?"

Katie snapped out of her dream like state. "I told him he was an arse and if he thought this was just about sex then he had another thing coming and could piss off. I told him it was his choice. If he wanted to be with me, go out with me, then he'd have to wait until I was ready."

I nodded my approval. It was good to know even if a person was completely love struck they still had a brain. "So what did he say?" I asked.

She beamed. "He wants to be with me and says he'll wait but he'd still keep trying because he thinks I'm so sexy."

I laughed. "Oh my God he sounds just like Keean."

Katie looked at me. "So you haven't done it yet? I thought maybe that's why you were upset yesterday." I shook my head but didn't say anything. She raised her eyebrows in question. "So what was going on?"

"He asked me about my family. About Jed and how he died. I told him and got a bit upset."

"Oh..." Katie looked at me wide mouthed. "That must have been hard. I've never even heard you talk about Jed."

I wanted to change the subject so said, "Katie do you get wet knickers when Chris touches you?" She almost choked at my question. The look on her face made me laugh.

"Shit, Charlie! Where did that come from?"

I shrugged and grinned at her. "I want to know if I'm normal. Like is it normal for that to happen?"

She nodded still grinning. "It means you want it you horny little bitch."

I gave her a slap. "Katie I'm not...it's not like that."

Still grinning she said. "Do you get a tingly feeling in your stomach, down here?" She put her hand in the centre of her stomach just above where the line of her pubic hair would be.

I nodded.

"It does mean you're horny, Charlie. It's your body getting ready." She shrugged. "For him. So it doesn't hurt." Katie paused and gave me an all knowing look then said, "It hurts if you're not wet."

I felt myself blush because I couldn't believe I was having this conversation on the bus. I huffed, folded my arms and turned to the front as I said, "Yeah well my body might think it's ready but my mind knows it's not. Not yet."

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

I'm so glad Charlie knows she's not ready for such a big step.  It's important she makes up her own mind and isn't pushed into doing something she isn't ready for ♥♥♥