79

Keean didn't say anything more to me. I thought, you bastard, you're not even going to try to talk me out of it. I think if I hadn't been so angry I would have burst into tears. The anger empowered me. I was glad to have taken Katie's advice to get in first.

At the end of the lesson I packed up. Keean ignored me and left the classroom first. I wouldn't see him again until fifth lesson which was English, a class I could avoid him in anyway but sixth was Biology. I figured I could do it again because the worst was over anyway. He was just pissed off because I'd gotten in first.

He wasn't in Biology when I got there so I sat in the usual place thinking he had probably cut. He hadn't. He came and sat down beside me but didn't say anything. Tension oozed from him. I couldn't wait until the bell rang to get out of that classroom. To be honest I was having trouble understanding why he was so angry. He was going to dump me anyway. Then I thought about his huge ego. His pride must have been really hurt. The bell finally rang. I believed he would rush out like he did in Chemistry so I took my time packing up. By the time I was ready only a couple of the kids were still in the room. I realised he was still there watching me.

When I looked at him he said, "We need to talk." He was still white faced. I saw his jaw tense again.

"I don't think we do, Keean." I had this burning anxiety in my chest.

"Yeah...we do." He didn't wait for me to answer but grabbed me by the hand and pulled me along behind him. I tried to get my hand free without drawing attention but he gripped harder.

"Let me go," I hissed.

He ignored me and led me down behind the English classrooms where he knew no one would be. When we got there he put my back against the wall and stood in front of me. I wanted to run away but he looked so angry I thought for sure he'd chase me so I folded my arms stubbornly.

"What the fuck is this about, Charlie?"

"Like you don't know, Keean."

He chuckled sarcastically. "What is it with girls? You never explain yourselves. I have no fucking idea what you're on about but I guess I'm supposed to say sorry for whatever the fuck it is I've done." He threw his arms up in the air, inhaled loudly and put his hands behind his head. "Sorry, Charlie. I'm fucking sorry for whatever the fuck it is that I've done!"

Keean had never yelled at me before. I retorted with anger even though I understood what he was saying because I hadn't talked about it with him. I'd reacted on my feelings.

"You got what you wanted and have avoided being anywhere near me in private since. I would think you wouldn't be able to keep your hands off me once I said yes but obviously there's no longer a challenge. So I thought I'd do you a favour," I yelled.

He frowned at me.

I was so angry I made to storm off but he grabbed my arm and put me back up against the wall.

"So this is about me not wanting to sit under the tree with you. In your head you think it's me trying to avoid being with you alone because I'm going to dump you because I got what I wanted." He let out another sarcastic laugh. "I should dump you for being so fucking stupid." Keean grabbed the sides of his head in frustration and growled.

It sounded so trivial when he said it like that. I felt my anger wafting and a surge of despair take its place. I wasn't good at this, interpreting the reasons and feelings of someone else. I just focused on how it made me feel. I didn't want to yell anymore.

"So dump me then. Get it over and done with will you."

He sighed and his voice softened. "Charlie you've misinterpreted everything. You have this way of twisting things so they suit you because you didn't get something your way. Did you ever think it's because I was trying to give you time to get over it...that I might have been trying to show you some respect. Fuck. Charlie I told you I loved you..." He sighed again. "Doesn't that mean anything to you?"

I was crying. I knew he knew I was crying. I just wanted him to hug me so I could say sorry but he didn't.

"You don't trust me, Charlie. Why don't you trust me?" he whispered.

I fought back my tears and looked up at him. "I do trust you."

Keean folded his arms across his chest like he was hugging himself. "Why don't you ask if you don't understand something I've said or the reason I'm doing something. Why don't girls just ask instead of turning it into something it's not?"

I was crying like a baby, gulping in large breaths of air. "Why should I have to ask? Why do boys assume everything they decide is the right decision? You decided on your own that we would go to the library every day. I tried to let you know I wasn't happy about it. I told you yesterday I was sitting under the tree but you stubbornly went to the library anyway because you wanted it your way. So don't tell me it's only about me wanting things my way." I sobbed again and tried to stop the tears. "I wanted to feel I was special, Keean. That what we'd done was special and you don't want to be alone with me. How special do you think that makes me feel?"

I slid down the wall and wrapped my arms around my knees and buried my head. I let the tears flow because I didn't have a hope of stopping them.

Keean crouched down in front of me. He sighed and ran his hand down my head then moved to lean against the wall beside me. "I didn't know I was making you feel like that. I thought because I hurt you that you wouldn't want me to be all over you for a while. I thought I was doing the right thing."

I turned my head to look at him.

He touched my wet cheek with his finger.

I took a deep breath. "I said I loved you too, Keean. I wouldn't have let you if I didn't. Why would you think I wouldn't want you to be near me?"

He shook his head, leaned back on the wall and searched my face. "I wanted it to be perfect for you and it wasn't. I guess I think I disappointed you and thought you'd tell me to fuck off if I hung off you too much." He chuckled and focused on my eyes. "But you told me to fuck off anyway."

I smiled shyly at him. "I didn't really. I said you were dumped so there's a difference."

He rubbed his fingers on his forehead. "Not from where I'm sitting."

I straightened up and bit on my lip. "Do you want to break up with me?"

He gave me a puzzled look. "No...do you want to break up with me?"

I smirked. "No."

His eyes filled with amusement. "So does this mean we haven't dumped each other and we've just had our first real fight?"

I pressed my lips tightly together to suppress a smile and nodded. "Does this mean we both misunderstood each other and we're sorry?"

The tension disappeared from his face. "I guess it does." He reached over and dragged me onto his lap then kissed me. Keean ran his hand down my head. "Don't ever think I don't want to touch you. You're all I think about."

I took hold of his face and kissed him. I wanted him to know how much he meant to me. Keean made me straddle his lap. The intensity of how hard he was ripped sensations through my body. I became instantly aroused. I thought there must be some truth in that 'Hinder' song. Anger definitely had some part to play in how I was feeling because every part of my being wanted him. He was moving his hand up along my inner thigh when the bell rang. I pulled my mouth away, gasped for breath and stared into his eyes. I felt like we were under a spell.

"When can we do it again, Keean?"

He smiled and whispered, "I hope it's soon, Charlie. Real soon."

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

I'm so glad they worked it out.

I've done that sometimes too.  Taken a little idea and made it mean something completely different without asking the person what they really meant or wanted.

I guess asking questions is the best way to sort things before they turn into mountains ♥♥♥