73

I was sitting on the stairs waiting when Keean arrived at eight fifteen so I got straight in the car and kissed him good morning.

"Did your Dad go back yet?"

"No...today. It looks like he found a place to live. Apparently it's pretty close to the school. He's coming back in two weeks for the hearing so he'll sign a lease if it all goes well."

Being close to the school would probably mean he wouldn't be able to pick me up. I felt a bit disappointed by that idea but I smiled and said, "That'll be good, you can save on petrol."

Keean laughed. "What and let you go back to catching the bus?"

"I won't mind, Keean. It's silly for you to go out of your way."

He reached out and touched my chin. "It won't happen."

For the rest of the week he came at eight fifteen leaving us just enough time to get to school and have a chat with our friends. Every lunch hour he took me to the library and tutored me in all of the subjects we did together. If I whined about it he took no notice.

"We've got exams coming up, Charlie so we may as well use the time to make sure we pass."

I scowled. "Why can't we lie under the tree and talk for a change?"

He turned his chair so it was sideways to the desk. Keean leaned back and looked at me closely. "It's better we do this. I don't think I can handle anything else at the moment."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Keean gave a pained crooked smile. "I want to touch you and be with you but I can't. I want to come over early but I can't because if I do I'll want to do all the things that I can't. I want to lie under the tree and talk to you but if I do I'll want to touch you. If I touch you I'll want to come over early the next day and try as hard as I can to touch you again but I can't because of where we'll be. It's easier if we come to the library to study so we can pass our exams and your father can't blame me for causing you to fail." He sighed again and stroked my face with his finger. "I'm sorry but that's the way it's got to be, for now anyway."

I felt miserable, but what he said was true. It was the worse week of my life.

Friday afternoon came. I walked him to his car. All week he had gotten in straight away, kissed me quickly goodbye and drove off so I expected him to do the same but he didn't. He threw his bag in and sat on the edge of the driver's seat facing me.

"Well what are you going to do for the weekend?" he asked.

I sighed and gave him a shrug. "Katie asked if we'd like to go to one of the swimming holes with them. I might go and say you had something else on."

He took hold of my hand and pulled me closer. "I'm sorry you have to lie."

"I don't mind," I whispered.

Keean gave me a weak smile and tilted his head.

"Really I don't mind," I said. "Anyway I might not go with them. To tell the truth I feel pretty miserable." I concentrated on his face and bit on my lip. "This has been the worse week of my life."

Keean kept his eyes focused on my lip. "Welcome to my world, Charlie Johnson," he whispered and drew me closer. He touched my lip, pulled it loose and ran his finger over it. Keean sighed and put his lips on mine. He moved them gently, sucked lightly on my bottom lip then stopped. His breath was warm on my mouth then he kissed me again with a little more pressure. Keean pulled away just a fraction. My breathing change rhythm. I loved it when he kissed me like this. He kissed me again a little harder then ran his hand down my back and rested it on my bum. I heard Katie yelling at me because the bus was coming. I pulled my mouth away and looked in her direction. Keean didn't miss a beat. His mouth went to my neck. I waved Katie away while he sucked on my lobe, his breathing heavy in my ear. I decided I'd walk to Kerry's instead of catching the bus. I turned my face towards him and our mouths came together. My body was alight with every one of the new sensations I had come to recognise. I whimpered against his mouth, ran my hand up under his shirt and slipped my fingertips into the top of his shorts. I wanted to feel how hard he was. To know he wanted me like I wanted him. Keean sighed against my mouth. He stilled my hands movement and pulled his lips from mine.

"Get in the car, Charlie." His voice was firm, husky and demanding. I got in the car. He drove us down the street and around the corner to the back of the school oval. Keean parked the car on the street near the school's Science and Nature Reserve. It was well treed and very private. My mind was racing.

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

I need to tell you that the next couple of chapters have very mature scenes.  Please don't read them if you're not comfortable with this kind of writing or if you're under age.  Not that you're probably going to listen anyway :(