76

Kerry heard me close the sliding glass door and came out into the lounge room. She looked at me worriedly. "Have you two broken up?"

I bit my lip, shook my head and glanced away.

"Are you fighting?"

Again I shook my head but I looked at her face. Tears welled in my eyes.

"Oh...!" Kerry gasped and rushed over to me.

I didn't have to tell her she just knew somehow.

She led me to the couch. "Did he force you?"

I turned up the corners of my mouth and shook my head again as I looked at Kerry's worried face. "It just hurt a lot...wasn't what I expected."

She sat closer to me and wrapped her arm around my shoulder. Kerry didn't have to ask me anything. I told her the whole lot from beginning to end, including the pleasure of it and the pain. I felt better once I was finished. I sat up and dried my eyes.

"You're lucky, Charlie. My first one left me bawling. Wham bam thank you Mam." She smiled again and took my hand. "It'll get better." She touched her stomach. "The pain up here probably means he's built pretty well. He needs to back off a bit. It won't hurt so much if he does." She smiled at me then frowned. "He used a condom didn't he?"

I nodded and she seemed relieved.

"Well you can't go home tonight. Mum will see right through you. Go for a shower. I'll give her a ring and tell her you called in after school and I asked you to stay because Mathew's going out with his mates."

I looked at her curiously. "Is he?"

She laughed. "Not yet but he will be. He hasn't been out for ages with them so I'll tell him he has too.

The weekend passed slowly. Mum and Dad didn't seem to notice any change in me. I spent a lot of time in my room under the pretence I was studying. At breakfast on Sunday Dad said, "So where's trouble?"

I knew he meant Keean but I played dumb.

Dad rolled his eyes. "That horny little prick from last weekend. Did you tell him to piss off?"

I laughed and shook my head. "No he's still around, Dad. He's on a camp for Physics and won't be back until next weekend I think." I was amazed how easy the lie came to me.

"Oh." Dad jerked his head. "I wondered why we didn't see him hanging around through the week. I was hoping you'd told him to bugger off."

I grinned and pinched his cheek. "You wish."

When Kerry and Mathew came over for dinner Mum asked him how his boys night out went.

"Yeah. Great. I've haven't done that for ages," he said and glanced at me quickly.

Kerry must have told him everything. I felt the colour change on my face so I went to the toilet. She followed me and asked how I was.

"I'm good." I smiled because I really was but also really embarrassed because now Mathew knew my secret.

"I had to tell Mathew the truth," Kerry whispered. "I'm sorry," she said and patted me on the back.

"It's okay." I shrugged because there wasn't much I could do about it. Then I had a terrible thought. "He won't tell Jake will he?"

Kerry shook her head. "I told him not too." She ran her hand down my head and grinned. "I'll take away his privileges if he does."

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

Kerry's turned out to be a great sister.  I'm so proud of her. xoxo

So 'Shifted' now has the same amount of chapters as 'Black Cat'.  'Black Cat' is a bigger book by 11 000 words but 'Shifted' had much longer chapters.  As I posted them on Wattpad I've split them up for easier reading.  For example the last four chapters were one chapter in the original book so I'm not sure how many chapters we'll end up with. 

Thank you for reading. I'd love you to vote or comment so I know you're there and can thank you personally.  ♥♥♥

I really appreciate all your support.