68

Mum and Kerry seemed content to sit in the shade with Keean and me. I realised we wouldn't have any more privacy. He tilted his head and gave me a disappointed look.

"Keean give us a hand would you?" Dad yelled from under the Ute.

Keean stood up.

Dad slid out and said, "Grab that bucket and bring it here." He pointed. "Crawl under the car. You're a lot younger than I am." Dad cocked his head and smirked. "You're not afraid to get your hands dirty are you?"

Keean picked up the bucket and grinned. He looked at what he had to do, then pulled his white t-shirt off and threw it on the grass next to me. My stomach surged. I looked at Kerry and Mum anxiously to see if they had noticed any change in me but they were watching Keean and Dad.

Jake slapped him on the back as he walked past. "Welcome to the family. Charlie's been waiting years for a boyfriend who loves working on cars. She can't wait to watch."

I rolled my eyes and looked away thinking if only he knew what was going on inside my body right now. Kerry stuck her finger down her throat again.

"It's a trick, Keean." Mathew laughed. "The old man makes you get grease on your hands and later on he'll get Janice to check Charlie out. If there's any hand prints in places there shouldn't be you'll lose your balls."

They roared with laughter. I noticed Keean grinning but I felt really humiliated. Mum picked up that I wasn't amused and told them to all shut up.

Keean knelt down to get under the car. Dad tapped him on the tattoo. "What's this then?" He glanced at Jake. "You're not like idiot over there are you, piecing's, tattoos then dreadlocks."

I don't think Keean knew what to say. Jake saved him by saying, as he touched his own tattoo. "They're the mark of a man, Dad. Didn't you know that?"

Dad huffed. "Well the man can get the fuck under me car and get himself dirty."

Keean grinned and disappeared, he had clearly done this before. I wondered what else I didn't know about him.

I moved back against the timber slats which enclosed the underneath of our house to watch as Keean fiddled under the car. Kerry slapped my knee and stood up.

"Come on, Charlie this is going to take forever." She picked up Matty then looked at me again.

I smiled up at her, glanced at Keean then smiled back at her again. "It's okay, I think I'll wait."

Kerry rolled her eyes and laughed. Jake picked up what was going on and pointed his finger at me. "Told you."

Mum tickled the top of my head and grinned as she walked past.

Keean finished what he was doing and slid out from under the car with a bucket full of oil. He looked at me and smiled.

Dad patted him on the shoulder. "Thanks mate. Sinks over there. The industrial soap's on the shelf above the tub."

I followed Keean and leaned against the slats with my hands behind my back watching him. I wanted to run my hands along his sides where I could see his muscles rippling against his ribs as he washed his hands. I bit on my lip and glanced in Dads direction. He had his back to us so I moved in, ducked under Keean's arm and squeezed in between him and the sink. He grinned and glanced in Dad's direction. Keean's smile broadened when he looked back at me. I put my hands on his hips and moved them slowly upwards. He grabbed hold of the cement sink and fixed his eyes on mine. I could see amusement twinkle there. He cocked his head while I played my little game. His breath caught as I ran my hand over his stomach. Keean moved his head towards mine. He was going to kiss me when Dad's voice boomed behind us.

"Charlie! I don't think that's very appropriate."

Keean's eyes glinted at me as he stepped away.

Dad had a stern look on his face. "I think it's time Keean went home."

"Dad! I was just teasing him. Mucking around."

"Yeah well you obviously don't understand yet what sort of trouble that kind of teasing can lead to." Dad held his hand out to Keean. "It was nice to meet you and we'll see you again. I guess."

I was about to protest when Keean said, "Mr. Johnson, can I take Charlie out tonight? My father's in town. He works at the mines and does fly in fly out. He'd like to meet Charlie and wants to take us to dinner."

Dad sucked in his breath and put his hands on his hips. He looked at my pleading face then back at Keean. "You have her home at ten."

"Dad I'm nearly seventeen," I tutted.

Dad glanced back at me. I could see humour in his face. He looked back a Keean. "No later than midnight." He started to walk away and then added, "And you both keep your hands to yourselves."

I was so excited and almost screeched, "Thanks, Dad."

Keean nodded and tried to look serious. "Sure, Mr. Johnson."

Jake laughed and jerked his head. "Yeah like you saying that's going to stop them."

Dad mock punched him in the stomach as he walked past.

I carried Keean's t-shirt to the truck for him and threw it into the cab. Keean climbed into the driver's side and closed the door. He put his hand out through the window and pulled me towards him. "I like your family," he said as he touched my face.

I leaned in and kissed him. "Thanks."

"I'll pick you up at six," he said as he started the car. "I want you to wear that dress, Charlie. I want Dad to see how beautiful you are."

Copyright © 2017 by Donna Fieldhouse. All rights reserved.

Aw....I hope Keean's Dad likes Charlie ♥