Chapter 16 - Moving to Hyotei

Lei POV

" My parents returned but they told me I had to leave to Hyotei to study..." The last part of my sentence came out in a mumble. I looked at his face trying to sense what he felt when I saw sadness and regret. Why regret? I do not know. 

Yukimura POV

I heard her say that she was moving to Hyotei to study. I felt sad, as she left so soon after confessing something during the Midnight Moon Festival.

I unknowlingly sigh realizing that I never did confess to her about how I felt and filled with regret. 

Perhaps..she was never to be mine.... 

I whispered out " When? "  before she hugged me and said " Next Week.. " and began crying.

' I need to stay strong...I am sure that Ayumi don't want me to cry...' " Then let's spend the best of this time left! Don't tell the regulars..." and she nod her head. I decided to lay her down on the bed before offing the light and getting into my futon.

< THE NEXT DAY >

I got out of the bed to see Lei still sleeping. I quickly made breakfast and left it on the table. I got back and woke her " Ayumi?~ " and she woke up with a groan. We spent the time we had with the regulars playing tennis and I smiled. Soon, she had to go back home.

Lei POV

When I got home, I didn't see anybody and was only greeted by a piece of paper. It wrote : Ayumi! I had to do my job...so......Papa will be here the next time. Please reply soon and report to Hyotei... " I am really nothing to them.... and I sigh before leaving. After all tomorrow was the last day I'll be at Rikkai..... let me treasure the remaining time I'll have....

>The Next Day // Sunday<

I changed my uniform and walked towards the door. 

Goodbye...Rikkai... and I walked out when I saw a pile of goo fall on my body. 

"Ahhhh!!!! " I screamed. 

"Puri~ " And niou walked out. 

Slowly the whole tennis team came out. " Naze....kimi ga koko ni iieru? "* before they said 

" We have to spend the day together instead of going to that Stupid Hyotei's orientation! " Marui said. 

" Come in...let me bathe first..." I ran in while leaving the door opened.

I never knew they would do this for me....

* = Where are you going?