Chapter 15 Morp

Ashton POV

"Hey, Ash?"

"Hmm?

"You should go to Morp with Calum." "Isn't that dance lame?" I ask. "No, it's fun! I went last year." Luke says. "But you have to go to school things your in student council." I counter.  "Stop moving your lip ring it's weird,"  I whine as he stops licking the inside of his lip. " Sorry, it's fun. " And gross." Back to the subject your right that I always go but come on! Have some school spirit. "How are you in student council when you only have three friends?"

"Ouch, your the only three I want to hang out with so are you two going?" Luke asks looks over at me looking ready to burst with excitement.  I look at the Tv and continue playing  Mario Kart as we wait for Michael to show up. "I mean.. do you think Cal would even want to go?" I ask. "How about you invite him over and ask," Luke says. "You really want me to go? "I don't want this dance to be a flop Ashton and we worked really hard on it, please go for me? You don't even have to stay the whole time, it's eight to eleven on Saturday night and since you my friend I'll get you in for free, usually it's fifteen bucks." I lean back into the couch and look over at Luke and let out a long sigh. "Okay Hemmings, deal."  "Yes!"

Calum POV

"It's nice to do something for once, look where bonding! Like we used to. Mali says smiling. "Yeah, also I haven't ice cream in a while either," I reply eating a spoonful as my phone rings. "Ashton?" "That's the only person who calls me,  besides you and mom so probably," I say as I take my phone out my pocket and smile seeing his face pop up. "Hello, Ashton."

"So formal." He laughs. "What's up?"

"You busy tonight?" "Not really just the usual homework, why?" "Luke, Michael and I are all hanging out tonight and I was wondering if you wanted to come over and hang out?" "Sure I'll be over in like twenty minutes? Is that ok?" "Perfect! See you then." I hang up and find myself smiling. "You  have fallen quite hard for him I'm guessing?" "Yeah, he's really cool, not like everyone else at school." "How is school going?" I 'm quite not knowing how to respond cause no one wants to hear that their younger sibling is being bullied. "Schools fine, boring but fine." "Your lying I can tell."  "Kids are mean, really mean." I  take a bite of my cone so I don't have reply. "Has anyone said something?" "Don't worry I'm ok I have friends and that's all that matters, speaking of friends can you take me over Luke's? "In like twenty minutes?" She asks.  "So you heard me. "I'm sitting next to you, and sure." I finish up my ice cream.   

*An Hour Later*

"How do you feel about school dances?" Ash asks. "They're okay I guess-"Shit red shell no you did not just red shell me!" I yell as  Ash giggles and looks at me expectantly. School dances yes or no?"  "Maybe what type of dance is this homecoming?" 

"That was in  the fall." Luke pipes up. "I  would go but I don't want to go alone." 

"Hi, your boyfriend here! I'd go with you." He looks at me and laughs. "Wait.. your serious? I thought school dances may not be your thing." It's not  the big school dance, it's  smaller and super fun." Luke nods enthusiastically. "The theme this year is black light, so it should  be awesome and no one will really see you so you don't have to worry about being bullied or anything."I assure him. "Luke just wants you to go to make his stupid dance look less lame." "Michael shh, school spirit is cool okay?" Luke gives him a look. "Whatever."  "You should come too Michael it should be fun." "I would but-"

"You are just going to be surfing the internet in your dark room until 1 am." Luke says. "I was going to say I don't have a date. "Do you have a crush on anyone?" I ask. " Yes, she's in my math class and is super smart. I don't know if she'd go with me but if I go it will be just me, I don't have time to ask a girl out."  "I'll be your date." Luke offers. "Maybe I'll go."  He rolls his eyes but smiles a little at this "Will you go with me?" Ashton questions. "Sure I'll go with you." I say   Ashton smiles. " I'll pick you up okay? At like six? We can get dinner before if you want." "Sounds fun." I can't help but feel happy seeing how excited he is.