Chapter 45 A plan

Calum POV

Last night was hard and I'm really worried about Ash again, what if his dad does hurt him, but worse than before? I walk into school and see him by his locker, his shoulders a slumped forward and he looks tired. "Hey." He turns around and waves half-heartedly and pulls out a notebook from his locker seeming to be deep in thought.

"You seem out of it," I say concerned. He turns around to face me his usually bright eyes have that dim sad look in them. "I had nightmares all last night, I hardly ate this morning and I just want to feel okay again."   He rests his elbows in the locker and puts his face in his hands."This is just rough patch and you will get through it, trust me." He says nothing only taking a deep breath and trying not to cry.

"Are you going to your first period?" I shake my head "I'm ahead in that class soo..." Ashton shuts his locker and turns to look at me."Let's get coffee and then go to your house, I want to look something up," 

"Alright." I'm surprised at his sudden urgency to the situation.  He puts on his backpack and begins walking toward the front doors leaving me jogging after him.

"What are you thinking?"

"So um Luke's dad said he knew a lawyer... long story short I'm filing a restraining order," Ash says breathing hard. "That's great, but can you walk slower? My legs hurt." He looks over at me gasping and slows down a little. "Sorry."

"It's okay."  We stop at the crosswalk and watch the light change before crossing the street."I'm sick of living in fear." He says looking over at me. "I understand." We enter the coffee shop and I let out a sigh at how warm it is in here. "I'll order us drinks, what do you want?" Ash asks. "Uh, coffee?"

"Not black coffee I assume?" I nod scrunching up my nose. He laughs. "Ok, so a caramel macchiato? "Sounds good, sorry I don't really know coffee." "It's fine I'll get you a small one." He says.

I get us a table and scroll through my Instagram.  I look at my boyfriend standing in line and sigh. I never thought there would be anyone out there for me, this shy mute kid but here he is and I started talking again just months of us getting together. Sometimes I forget I can talk now and it's really weird. He glances over at me and smiles.

"Here you go, stir it up a little so you get the sweetness of it." He suggests as he sips his own drink.

"What did you get?"

"Chi tea."

"I would have got that."

"You can have it if you don't like your drink." He offers. I take a sip and nod. "It's good."

"Good," He gets his MacBook out his backpack and hits the keys quickly before turning the screen to me. "Looks like you have to go to court and explain why you want this," I say reading the web page. His face becomes pale at the words. " I would go with you, and so would Luke and Michael... if he's still in the country, And your sister of course," I say. He nods pushing his glasses up with his finger. "I'm actually doing this?" He says softly. "Yeah." He turns the laptop and looks at the screen for a minute.

"You alright?" I ask raising my eyebrow.

"Y- yeah um let me start filling this out, you can go back to class if you want."

"No, I'm okay." I sip my drink again my eyes lingering on his. "You look like you might faint," I reply. He says nothing the sound of him hitting the keys on his laptop is the only sound I can hear.

"I might... faint that is, the idea of seeing him again..." Ash says and continues typing. "You won't get hurt," I promise him. He looks over his screen at me and smile. "I love you so much."