Chapter 24 A Weekend Away

Calum POV

"Do I still need to even go to therapy? I mean life is good right now." I tell my mom on our way to my therapist office. "This can be the last session for a while," She says turning down the familiar street. I look at the notebook in my lap and am about to open it and read some of my past entries when my phone buzzes.  "Ashton? "My mom asks her eyes on the road.  "Yep." I read the text and smile. 

"Do I have  anything to do this weekend?" I ask. 

"Don't think so... why?"  

"Well Luke's family and Ash are going to be in the mountains at their cabin this weekend and he was wondering if I wanted to go, Michael's going too." "Where's the cabin? Your dad was thinking the same thing actually we were going up to Copper Mountain." 

"The cabin's in Breckenridge I don't know how far they are but that would be fun,  dad can meet Ash, Luke, and Michael and you can meet Luke's parents. I haven't met his dad yet but his mom is super nice." I'll talk to your dad and see, can you get Luke's mom's number so I can call her? I don't want to be intruding on their plans.  I nod sending Luke a quick text as we arrive at my therapist's office.  I hope my session goes by fast because I don't really want to be here. I answer all her questions.  After my session, I have my mom drop me off at Luke's as usual.  I stand on the porch looking at the doorbell. Maybe he didn't hear it I'm about to ring the bell again when Luke answers the door. " Sorry I was downstairs." He replies letting me in. 

"Ashton's upstairs."  He says reading my mind. I smile a little and disappear up the stairs. I'm going up to his room and smile when I hear him singing.  I turn the knob slowly opening the door and poke my head in. My boyfriends sitting at his desk writing something in his notebook while he sings along to Panic! At The Disco that's blaring through his headphones. I giggle waiting for him to look over at me. He glances up and smiles scrambling to take his headphones off with one hand. "Sorry didn't see you." 

"I love your voice, what song was that?"

"Oh, Death of a Bachelor, I want to learn how to play it but can't with my arm." He frowns at his cast. " How much longer do you have to wear that?"  "Probably the whole summer,  After I get this cast off I have to get another one." "Oh." He gets up from his desk and drops down on his bed. "Are you coming up to Breckenridge with us?" He ask his hazel eyes hopeful. "I asked my mom and she said she would see, turns out we were going up to the mountains too so maybe it will all work out."  He smiles  pressing his back against the wall his eyes look around the room "Something wrong?"

"No I'm just thinking of how I can decorate this room so it feels more like me. My stuff is still in boxes from when my dad kicked me out."  I sit next to him and look around the room. "Well you could hang up pictures and art by your desk, maybe some quotes you like or live by, that way when your down you can look at them and feel better."   He nods. "You want to go out tonight? I was thinking we could go to this  ice cream place on Broadway if you wanted."  I perk up hearing that there is ice cream involved. 

"Sure, can you drive?" 

"I'd ask Luke if he could take us."

"Then it wouldn't be a date would it?" Ash blushes. "We don't have to go anywhere,"  I say. He lays down an adorable smile on his face. I lay next to him my back against the wall so I don't fall out of the twin bed that somehow manages to hold two teenage boys. "I need a bigger bed." Ash laughs. " Maybe." He rolls over gasping a little noticing that he's laying on his broken arm but brushes it off. "How's therapy going?" I ask. 

"Okay, I've been talking about my childhood so that's always fun." His happiness fades from his voice. "How did that go over?" I ask seriously "She asked why I never moved in with another family member and I said none of them liked me. When I was little I overheard one of my uncles saying I needed to get shock therapy to..." He pauses. I look at him and see he's about to cry.  "You don't have to tell me," I whisper.