Chapter 35 Hey One Question, What The Hell?

Ashton POV

It seems fitting that I'm going to be beating up a clown on Halloween. I hardly slept last night between worrying about Luke and his concussion, and the fight and what if Owen does some real damage? What message would I be portraying to Calum by doing this? Nothing really, but I'm not backing down."You're really going through with this?" Calum asks as I get my books out my locker. "Yeah."

"Just promise me something okay?" I shut my locker and lean against it and look at him. "Don't get hurt, please? You might still have some damage from graduation." He says softly. "I still have pain from that night, but I'll try to be safe."  I smile hesitantly before leaning forward to kiss his cheek. "That's all I want, well got to get to class." He nods towards the stairs. "See you at lunch."

A feeling of dread hangs over me as I walk into the cafeteria I walk over to our table where Calum and Michael are talking but stop when they see me.

"What?"

"You're really going to fight Owen today?" Michael asks looking at me nervously. "Of course, he's not going to beat my ass that's for sure," I mumble pulling my sandwich out my backpack.

"Where's Luke?" Calum asks looking at the empty spot next to Michael. "Home cause of his concussion." 

"Oh right." He nods his gaze wandering over to the soccer table. "Don't draw attention to us!" Michael exclaims. "I'm not just thinking if it wasn't for me Ashton wouldn't be in this mess." He says glancing over at me. "It's not cause of you Cal, I made a choice to do this and he-"

"Hurt me and Luke, yeah but that doesn't mean to fight him." He replies. I sigh "I want to do this."

"Why?"

"To prove I'm not some wimpy kid who got abused most of his life!" I scream. My two friends look at me in shock.

"Ash your not some wimpy kid," Michael says gently. I shift my gaze over to Calum who looks a little stunned and scared from my outburst."I didn't mean to yell," I whisper quickly taking a bite of my sandwich just as Owen walks over. "Did you forget about our little fight? Oh, where's your dorky friend?" Owen asks looking around our table surprised to see only three of us.

"Why would I forget our fight?" I  ask trying to sound confident. He narrows his brown eyes at me and clenches his fist. I can feel my boyfriends hand on my thigh and relax a little. Owen laughs a little. "Your gutsy, where was this kid in elementary school? Anyway, see you then." He says returning to his table. 

"Please don't get hurt too badly okay?" Calum says  as soon as Owen's gone."I'll be fine don't you worry," I reply avoiding Michael's nervous eyes. The bell rings signaling lunch is almost over. I hurriedly finish my sandwich and down my soda before telling my friends goodbye and heading to class

*After school*

I walk straight out to the parking lot after the final bell and see some people are already there. "Oh you didn't chicken out huh," Owen asks watching me walk over.

"Oh, you didn't chicken out huh?" Owen says watching me walk over. I look him over fora moment his eyes are full of pent uprage. He's stocky with a bit of muscle ( but not enough to really hurt me) andhis bangs are covering one of his eyes which will make his hits less accurateif he can't see them. Okay, so I'm not going to die. 

"You think I would chicken out on this? I've been wanting to beat your ass for a while." I snap. Owen nods at my backpack. "You fighting with that on or what? I'll let you put it in your car, I want a fair fight here," he smirks and cracks his knuckles. "Yeah, it's a bit heavy with my textbook and such." I shrugged trying to look as calm as possible