Chapter 14 Want You Back

Calum POV

I'm sitting alone at lunch when I notice someone sit next to me. I perk up hoping it's Ashton so  I can apologize. "Hey, Calum right?" I look up and see his older sister. My hopes fall as I nod. " Um, how are you? That's a dumb question your heartbroken. I'm sorry about that, I told my friend and she must have told people. I know how much you mean to  Ash he absolutely adores you and I feel really bad about messing it up, know it's not his fault okay? I  was dumb talking about it just don't stay mad at him. He really needs you, and I have a feeling you need him." She smiles and looks at me expectantly. I should say something but I'm scared that she like everyone else will make fun of me because of my voice. I pull out my phone and type, 

"I would talk to you but I'm afraid your like everyone else"  She reads it and furrows her eyebrows. "What do you mean like everyone else? I type in my phone, that you'll bully me because I sound different.  Her face softens. 

"I don't care about that, I care that you make my younger brother happy which is something I know he hasn't been for a while. I know things are hard for him right now but you've been helping him get through it." Just don't give up on what you two have." I look across the cafeteria where Ashton is sitting with Luke and Michael. "Go talk to him." She insists following my gaze.   I sigh and get up and nervously and walk over to him. I can feel people's eyes on me I tap him on the shoulder. He tenses and I feel bad. "S- sorry I just came over to say I'm sorry." He looks at me a glimmer of hope in his sad eyes. "Did  Katelyn talk to you?" He asks "She did and I know you had nothing to do with everyone finding out about us. I was stupid to think that you were dating me out of pity." 

"You still like me?"  He sounds hopeful.  "I do, and who cares what half the school thinks? Only a few more years here anyway." I want to kiss him to show everyone their wrong about thinking I'm ashamed to be with him. "Can I kiss you?" "Here?" He whispers. "Yes."  "Just kiss him already," Michael says sounding board but smiling.  The kiss lasts only a few minutes but it's perfect. "I knew you wouldn't give up on me," Ash says. "I would never, I should get the rest of my lunch," I said nodding in the direction of where I  was sitting.  "Okay cutie." I blush as I walk over to my table and see Katlyn give me a thumbs up that I return back to her. Things are okay again.