Chapter 49 Prom

Ashton POV

I try putting my contacts in for the seventeenth time today. I figured for prom I'd wear them instead of my usual glasses. I click the home button on my phone to check the time. 4:20, I'm picking Calum up at five-thirty and then were getting dinner, do I have time to even get flowers?" I shake away my worry and finally get my contacts in.

"Ash?"

"In the bathroom!" I turn to see Luke leaning in the doorway.

"You look nice." I compliment.

"Thanks, I um texted Michael and he said he's not going to prom." He frowns. "Why not?"

"He said he's having a bad day and doesn't want to be around anyone."

"I'm sure he'll change his mind." Luke nods half-heartedly.

" Are you putting your hair in a quiff?" I ask He shrugs. "Don't know.. should I embrace my curls? Half the school thinks my hair is naturally straight." He says laughing a little."Whatever makes you the most comfortable which reminds me," I look at myself in the mirror and sigh as I get the hair gel out of the cabinet. "So your meeting your friends at the restaurant right?" I ask. Luke nods perking up. "Yeah and then I'll meet you and Cal at prom, I'm so excited for tonight, we've been planning this dance for months!" I nod along to what he's saying as I gel my hair.

"Are you getting Cal flowers?"

"If I have time."

"You look good," Luke says smiling. "Thanks, I hope tonight goes well."

"It's prom why wouldn't it go well?" He laughs going down the stairs. Turns out it can go wrong. Luke's friends stood him up so I had to go pick him up after I got Calum. "I thought they would want me to be with them? We're in a club where we hang out all the time." He looks over at me sadly. "You don't need them," Calum says from the backseat "Yeah and don't let them damper your prom night, were going to have fun, I promise." I look over at him and smile.

"Y- your right, thanks for picking me up Ash."

"Of course." We arrive at the hotel and I feel butterflies in my stomach as I get out of the car. I see our classmates going inside all dressed up and for once everyone is really nice to each other.

"Do we hold hands and walk-in or?" Calum asks leaning against my car. "I guess."

"Why you so nervous?" Luke asks a smirk on his lips. "This is like the biggest dance of our high school career right?"

"Yes." Luke confirms and walks ahead of us and goes inside. "Let's go." Cal says taking my hand in his. I lock my car and turn around and look at the beautiful building before us and go inside.

Michael POV

I lay in my bed looking at how empty my bedroom walls are. I should have just went to prom with Luke, but at the same time, I don't feel like being bothered. Our moving date has been pushed back but half of my stuff is in boxes in my closet. Board out of my mind I get my guitar from under my bed and look around for my amp. I look in my closet where it usually is but all that's there is boxes.

"Hey, mom?"

"Hey, isn't prom tonight? "She asks looking up from her book. "Yeah."

"You're not going?" I shake my head. "Why not?"

"I'm not in the mood." I shrug. "But this is your last prom." She exaggerates. "I'm just stressed about the move and everything and don't want to be around my classmates, I also don't really care," I say and know that I'm lying. "If you're sure, and the move is nothing to be stressed about. We just hit a little roadblock but we'll be moved and to Sydney in no time." I frown. "That wasn't helpful." She says softly seeing my frown.