42🥀

August 1996:
Justine

Damn I need a smoke......

I went into my pocket and took out a cigarette with my free hand. I would've got a blunt out but my grandma hate me smoking that shit around her, even though this is my place, I still gotta make her comfortable around the place.

I sat comfortable in my wheelchair as I laid my head back, huffing and puffing, acting I didn't have shit to worry about. The sun was shining down on me, making my skin glow in my best spots like my forehead, cheeks and nose.

It was like a cloud came my way when I couldn't feel the sun shining on me. I slowly opened my eyes in frustration only to see Tupac. I gave him a mugged look then tried to twist myself in the chair. He chuckled at me a bit as he saw me trying to get away from him but it failed.

'Can we talk?' He said dryly

'Talk about what, talk about all those things you said to me in the hospital then act like I don't exist a couple minutes ago' I said meanly

'Wait, you heard what I said to you?' He asked in complete shock 'I thought you were-'

'Nigga you ain't see my ass was paralysed, not my ears' I told him smartly

'Damn, come out of coma and you already not making me feel happy to see you' he said sounding hurt

'Nigga get over yourself' I said continuing to smoke as he looked at me weirdly

'You sure you allowed to be smoking that shit?'

'I broke my arm and leg, not my lung' I looked at him dumb

'Hmm....anyways, I heard about your court shit happening next Thursday' he changed the subject as he got a seat about it near me

Well thanks for reminding me.....

'That's a piss take man' I rolled my eyes 'you wanna smoke?'

'Don't mind if I do' Pac Said as he reached out for a cigarette as he put it between his lips for me to light it

As I did that, I stared into his eyes a little bit and I loved how they twinkled in the sun. I don't know what happened to man, I never felt like this for Pac before I got hit, all of a sudden I'm just admiring him as if he was my first crush.

'Those charged wouldn't even be pressed if Su-' I cut myself off

'What did Suge?' Pac asked taking a puff

'Nothing' I told him but I knew he wasn't convinced

'Justine I'm not dumb, what the fuck did Suge do?' He looked at me with all seriousness on his face

'After recording in the studio, I got to the car park and Suge got his goons to jump me out they didn't - reasons why I'm pressed with charges because I was trying to get away from them with safety but obviously that's the reason why I'm in this predicament now' I said trying to brush the situation off

It got silent for a little bit. I looked into Tupac's eyes and they weren't eyes with happiness, it was anger. I wasn't gonna tell him, not anyone because I knew if I did, I would've made situations worse. Like Pac isn't a snake but damn he can be protective over me and I know his ass ain't scared of Suge, so he come and confront him, his ass might be the next to go if he don't tone his words because when he gets real, shit hurts but it is what it is, the truth hurts.

'Pac, Pac-'

'For fuck sake!' He said angrily as he stood up and walked around a bit

'Pac it's not-'

'WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT A FUCKING BIG DEAL, HIS FAT MOTHERFUCKING ASS NEARLY KILLED YOUR ASS, AGAIN!'

'Pac, please-'

'I CAN'T CALM THE FUCK DOWN, THIS IS ALL MY MOTHERFUCKING FAULT MAN!'

'PAC SHUT THE FUCK UP!' I shouted as I winced from the pain I received by straining myself 'everyone is looking at you like you're crazy-'

'CRAZY OVER YOUR ASS!' He shouted then calmed himself as my face softened with confusion 'Yeah I fucking love you Justine, and the fact that I nearly lost you forever, made me confess all those things to you because I was scared, worried, lost, confused.....I was too many things'

I dropped the cigarette from my hand immediately because I was shocked, confused and scared to what was going on. Now why do I feel like this, I should feel the same way but I feel the opposite, I love him but how much? When he told me he is In love with me, that was a lot for me to take in because I never knew he loved me like that.

'But Pac, you've got a girlfriend'

'She's nothing compared to you' He said back

My heart started to race as I didn't know what to say. I wish I just died on that bed right there, I wouldn't even be in this mess. I'm trying recover from my injuries and here the fuck I am solving if I love Pac or not.

I felt my chest getting heavy as I watched his eyes get glossy. He looked so damn vulnerable at this point. I felt my eyes heat up at this moment.

He sat down in the chair beside me as people were still kind of staring at us. I got my free hand and turned his face towards me. I caressed his smooth cheeks as I stared deep into his eyes. I didn't care if he had a girlfriend at this point, I can't help my feelings, can I. Our noses touched as his lips crashed into mine. I turned my head slowly a bit as my hand snaked around his neck. Both of his hands were on my cheeks as he softly rubbed them as he was caught up in the moment. The kiss only lasted for like three seconds but it felt for a lifetime. I could still feel his thick plumped lips on me even though they weren't really on mine.