CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Zachary

We've been living peacefully for a whole week now. And we fell into a routine since her nurse is still not here I was the one keeping my eyes on her. At times it became hard especially during the night when some of her nightmares would occur. Her memory lapses also lessened, I've come to terms with it-- and that also I have to prepare myself when those moments occur. Every morning she would wake up and would boss me around the kitchen to cook her breakfast, the usual strawberry oatmeal, and pancakes. I even got her feeding bottles for her doll because she said her son needs to eat. Even a small plastic crib to put the doll in, it was painful to watch her care for a what could have been but the world was so cruel and it robbed her of her chances, her child and her life. I had to be very careful when it comes to watching TV, or anything else for that matter. I can't have her watching violence because Estelle said it could be a trigger for her and things won't be pretty. We'd usually walk in the park when dawn sets. And she loved the playground like the kid that she is.

"Zachy!!" She moaned and stretched so that her feet would reach me as she laid on the sofa "I'm booooored!" She whined.

"Peony, I have work. After this, I promise I'll take you wherever you want." I promised her while typing away on my Laptop.

She was playing with her doll baby, she slid unto me through my arms and now her head was on my belly as I laid on the sofa. She tried touching the screen to see if it was like my phone.

"ZachYyy It's not moving!" She sat up beside me irritated

I took in a deep breath "Because darling, this is a laptop and it's not a touchscreen like my phone" I explained to her "You click on things with this thingy right here" I pointed to her the pad where the mouse is located. She just gawked a the laptop

Her tech discovery and my lecture were interrupted when our doorbell rang.

I stood up and walked to the door to see who it was.

There stood a guy in a white button-down with two large duffel bags beside him. I raised an eyebrow at me

"Sir I believe you're in the wrong house," I said flatly assessing him.

He took out a paper from his pocket and looked at the number on my door and smiled reluctantly at me.

"I believe I am in the right house...Mr. Larson?" The latter part had a tone of questioning.

"And you are? Kylie Philip Ford. You're personal nurse." He said with a smile he held out his hands for me to shake.

Kylie?! I thought it was a girl's name. WHY HECK IS A GUY MY WIFE'S PERSONAL NURSE?!

I was freaking out internally that all I did was look at his hands. The only thing that pulled me out of my trance was Persephone coming up in front of me squealing.

"Phily!!!" She squealed as she fell unto his arms.

The fucker held her with a big goofy grin on his face. Oh, I'm on fire right now, don't this guy dare do things while I'm not around.

"Hey Panini," He said as he hugged her close

"Are you staying with us Phily?" She said as she jumped up and down while holding unto his arms.

"Yep, I am! We can play longer now because the Headmistress wouldn't be hovering over us won't we Panini?" He asked as he ruffled his hair

Oh. Philip, he was the guy that saved Persephone from completely dying in a dark alley. Although, I owe him my life for saving my wife. This stinging feeling inside of me which I know is surely jealousy has taken over.