Chapter 63: Planning

Things with Sonny and I have never been so good. After the night I finally let him pleasure me, he's been doting over my sexual needs every day. He tells me every time he goes down on me how sweet I taste and how he can live off of my juices alone if he had to. Every time he says it, I roll my eyes but in reality, it just draws me more sexually closer to him. I know it won't be much longer before I'm ready to have sex with him again. Things with work are great for both of us as well over the last month. I've started working with a few kids after hours and Sonny's officially done with being looked at by IAB for everything that happened with the governor. Although I agreed to have a New Years Eve wedding, we got into a small argument about it recently, "Sonny, your parents will be devastated if you don't get married in a Catholic Church! We have to find one that'll do it on New Years if that's what you want."

He shakes his head, "I don't want to be married in a Catholic Church. That's not my life anymore."

I argue back, "yes it is. You still go to church some Sunday's with your parents. I hear you sometimes praying at night."

He lets that sink in for a moment before he says, "there are no churches that will stay open that late on New Years Eve to marry someone. It just doesn't happen."

"Oh, come on. You're a cop, I'm sure you'd be able to pull some strings." I return, "besides, New Years was your thing and mine is being married in a Catholic Church. You have to give it to me."

He sighs and says, "it's not that easy. You're not Catholic, Addison."

"Who says I'm not Catholic?" I return, never having to tell him what religion I was raised.

He raises his eyebrows up high and questions, "but whenever we prayed at dinner you never said anything, and when I got you that cross, and when my parents met you. I thought you weren't religious?"

I explain, "my parents raised me Catholic. We used to go every Sunday. But after my parents died I kind of was in between with my faith. And then after my rape, I just didn't believe God would let that happen to someone, to me."

"but now things are different?" He asks.

"Yeah," I say back quickly, "whenever I hear you praying, I take a moment to pray myself and when I do, I realize that everything I've been through, we've been through, was all God's will. If being raped was the way I managed to get you into my life, then that was the way it was supposed to be. Its been hard, but I have you."

He's biting his lower lip partially as I speak and a few moments of silence after, he says back in a low voice, "I had no idea you were rebuilding your relationship with Christ, Addison."

I nod, confirming I have been, "few weeks now."

He stops biting it and says, "not going to lie, that's kind of turning me on right now."

I lean up on my tippy toes and kiss him on the lips, "so, we can get married in a church?"

He nods, "if we can find one to marry us on New Years then yes, we can. My family will love that."

"I will too!" I add on and we move ourselves to the couch.

A few weeks later, Lori invites us over for dinner on a Saturday evening and Sonny manages to get off work early so he can pick me up and we go together. Once at her apartment, she welcomes us in and gives us a tour. It's not the biggest apartment in Manhattan but damn if it isn't large. She has someone cooking for us, and Sonny is bold enough to ask, "so the company must be doing well. Your apartment is great, have you lived here long?" He asks looking out at the skyline.

"Sonny" I nudge him in the side, embarrassed at his boldness.

He gives me a look but Lori just chuckles and answers, "I just moved in a few weeks ago actually. The company is doing well but this place used to be my great aunts. She gave it to me when she passed recently."

I widen my eyes as I look at him, telling him, "I told you so." But he just shakes his head then returns to her, "I'm so sorry for your loss, were you close?"

"We were. She raised me when my parents died. I was pretty young. She was a wonderful woman." She walks to a mantel and grabs a photo off of it. She shows it to us and we both compliment her.

As she goes to put it back, the door to her apartment opens and someone calls out, "sorry I'm late!"

Although Sonny doesn't recognize the voice, I place it immediately. I look to him with confused eyes but he just looks at me with a smirk and whispers, "oh, did you know she was dating?"

"That's Jason!" I eagerly whisper back but just as I say the name he makes his appearance in the room.

He freezes and our eyes meet. Lori comes over to him and kisses him but he just stays frozen, as I am. He gets out, "Addison, Sonny? Holy shit, what a small world!"

He finally moves his feet and walks closer to us. He shakes hands with Sonny as Lori asks, "oh, you know each other?" She looks between all of us.

Sonny gently nudges me as Jason moves to say hello to me. We lean in for a quick hug and I say, "uhh, yeah. Hey Jason, it's good to see you." I manage to string together a sentence as we part from our embrace. I bite my lower lip, my mind racing with questions. How did they meet? How long have they been together? Is this a coincidence?

I'm pulled from my own thinking when Jason addresses me, "this is kind of cool, yet kind of weird. I guess we have a lot of talking to do. Can I get you guys a drink?"

"Yes!" I basically shout back, "uhm vodka soda?" I request.

Sonny gives me a strange glare but it passes quickly and Jason nods to assure me they have that. He looks to Sonny who says, "a beer is fine" and Jason claps and points at us before he leaves to get our drinks.

Lori says, "I guess I should have mentioned I was inviting my boyfriend."

I shake my head, "oh, no. It's fine. It has just been a while since I've seen him, that's all."

"Well, he's such an amazing guy, I can't wait to hear all about how you guys know each other." She grabs my hand and pulls me to the couch. Sonny follows us and she waits for Jason to return with the drinks before we have to explain to her the story of us three.