Chapter 91: Honeymoon

"This is beautiful, wow." I smile as I look out at the beach from our balcony. Sonny rented a gorgeous 2 bedroom beach house right on the sand in the Hamptons. It's too cold to go into the ocean of course, but it's quiet in the off season and relaxing. We spend the rest of the afternoon cuddling on the beach, enjoying the waves crashing in front of us with a dinner picnic Sonny prepared before we left New York. "This is the perfect spot. I can't believe Olivia have you a whole week off."

"I've done enough OT to have saved up enough for it. She's just happy we're happy." He holds me tightly, the breeze picking up. We enjoy the rest of the sunset before going back to the house to enjoy each other. The next morning, I wake up with the blinds slightly pulled open and just a hint of light hitting the room. I stretch out to feel Sonny and at the same time take a deep inhale through my nose. Bacon. Sonny is up and making breakfast. I throw one of his T-shirts on and shuffle my way into the kitchen, the euphoric bliss of last nights love making still lingering. "Hey dollface, I was hoping to be done and able to bring this into bed for you. Here, sit. I'll get you a coffee."

"Thanks, husband." I smile wide when I say it, along with his smile growing, grinning ear to ear.

He pours the coffee into a mug and pushes it towards me. I throw a bit of sugar in it and rest it to my lightly chapped lips to blow on it. After enjoying our breakfast Sonny places the dishes in the sink and turns to ask "what would you like to do today?"

I smile and thin for a moment. My eyes fall on the outdoor patio, viewing the ocean and I reply "why don't we spend the rest of the morning just enjoying the sounds of the waves with one another? You can read that paper over there you picked up" I eye where it rests on the counter with a head nod, his eyes following "and I'll start on one of the books in the library."

"Perfect" he agrees with a grin, grabbing his cup of coffee to add more before taking the paper to step outside.

About an hour into us enjoying the sounds and one another, I catch Sonny smirking while looking at me. I was staring off into the waves in thought and I shyly ask him "what?"

"Just wondering what you're thinking about over there." He replies, almost in a whisper.

I smirk and tell him "I'm thinking about everything I went through, we went through, to be here today." He stands up and walks over behind me as I continue "it's like, hard to explain. My rape was one worst things to happen to me, but it brought me to you. The best thing to ever happen to me." He leans down and wraps his arms around me as I go on "so many things happened this year that I can categorize as being horrific but so many things happened that feel like a blessing. I'm just so unbelievably happy and safe finally."

"I'm glad" he kisses me softly in the top of my head.

I share with him "is it okay that I'm still scared that this will all be taken away from us somehow?"

He comes around to kneel in front of me and takes my hands in his "it's completely acceptable and understandable but I'll do everything I can every day for the rest of our lives to make sure you continue to feel safe and to keep you happy, my love."

"You don't have to try babe, I'll love you always." I tell him in return.

"Addison Carisi, you never have to worry about something tearing us apart again. Your dark days are behind you now and you can finally focus on your happiness and healing."

"I'm already so happy, all because of you" I respond, and he leans up to kiss me. Our kiss is long and passionate, my hands work at lifting his shirt up so I can feel his chest, the light hairs on his skin rough under my skin. We stand up and he lifts me up in his arms and takes me to the bedroom. He gently tosses me on the bed and crawls on top of me. The next morning as the sun rises and Sonny and I lay together tangled in the sheets, I open my eyes and take in my beautiful husband. His messy grey blonde hair. The way his lips rest in a small smile as he breathes in and out through his nose. The few freckles strewn randomly across his face, barely visibly to the human eye unless you're lucky enough to lay next to the man in bed every night and every morning. I soak in every second he's asleep next to me, allowing myself to believe in the happiness I am feeling. I know in this moment the rest of my life will be filled with joy and it's all due to one thing and that's simply Sonny.

A/N: wow. Here we are at the end of the story. I hope you enjoyed the story as mush as I've enjoyed writing it. It's been a few years so thanks for those who stuck with me! I really love writing Sonny stories and hope to write more novel like ones and one shots in the future. If you enjoyed this one - check out my other (that has sequels) called -The Path to Love or my short story of 6 chapters -Never have I ever

Love you 💜🥰