Chapter one

It's been four months. It's now September and DJs birthday is in a couple days and we're all taking a trip to Sioux Falls, South Dakota to see Bobby and have a little party for him. I still can't believe he's thirteen.
I'm am now four months pregnant and honestly a little scared of raising three kids without Dean by my side. I was packing my bag for the trip when I happened to look up and see a picture of Dean with the kids. It was taken before we met Lisa and Ben and right after Connie's first birthday. He was laughing so hard. One of his rare throwing your head back laughs, I miss his laugh. His smile, I miss him.
Sam, who may actually very well be the father of this baby, is a constant no-show in our lives. He disappeared the night after I slept with him and I haven't seen or heard from him since. Neither has Bobby.
"Mom, Connie's bag is ready. It's in the car already with mine." I quickly wiped the tears falling down my face and smiled at my son.
"Okay. I'll just finish up here and we'll go pick up Ben." He nodded and slowly walked out to watch his sister. Lisa wanted to go, or at least she said she did but honestly I don't think she much cared for Bobby but it was the only connection to Dean the kids had and I wasn't going to take that away. Plus he loved those boys and Connie just made his world light up. He was a completely different man when they were around.
Finally packed and ready to go, I get behind the wheel of the impala. I usually drive my SUV but hey, why not? The boys loved riding in their dads car so I thought, what the hell.

I pulled into Bobby's driveway and noticed something was different. I had called about ten minutes ago to let him know we were almost here and he seemed distracted. I just let it go but now, seeing him stand on the porch, eyes glistening in the sun from unshed tears, I knew something was up.
"Boys can you stay here for a minute? I want to talk to grandpa Bobby for a second." They both nodded and I hopped out of the car.
"Is everything okay? Is it Sam?" I was suddenly scared that Sam had gotten himself killed. It had been a fear since he left but there was nothing I could really do about it.
"I think you need to come inside. Leave the kids out here for a minute." I turned back to see their curious faces peeping out the open window.
"I'll be right back. Stay there and watch your sister." They again nodded and started talking amongst themselves as I followed Bobby into the house.
"What is this about?" I asked, looking around to see if I could notice anything but I couldn't so I just looked to him and waited for an answer.
"Okay. This is going to be a pretty big shock. I want you to stay calm okay? Just know that this is very very real. I've already made sure." Okay, now I'm confused.
"What? Bobby what is going on? I don't..." I froze. My heart nearly stopped and I could feel the baby reacting to anxiety running through me. I couldn't breathe as he walked into the room. The man I've been crying over, been wanting to see for the last four months standing in front of me. Walking in from the kitchen was Dean Winchester.
"Hey Lucy."