Chapter thirty-nine

The field in the cemetery seemed to be clear as I watched Sam beat the daylights out of his older brother. Cass was still registering that I tagged along but before the full revelation hit him, I was already running. Sam has seemed to see something inside the impala, recognition washing every inch of his face, and he stumbled back, letting Dean fall limp on the hood. He said something to his brother but I couldn't hear over the blood rushing in my ears.
Suddenly, he was saying words in Latin that I didn't understand and a hole opened in the ground. It was huge and the wind picked up causing the wind to blow my hair in my face.
He was ready to jump in when someone quickly stopped him, grabbing the arm of his jacket. No, he was going to ruin this, Michael was going to end everything if Sam doesn't follow through.
I had to do something. Dean was still on the ground and Cass was nowhere to be seen and I looked over to see Bobby on the ground, neck twisted at an impossible angle. It was up to me to help.
I ran up and grabbed the jacket of the vessel I could only guess to be Adam, the youngest of the Winchester boys, and yanked, causing him to lose balance, along with Sam. Sam, being the biggest of the three of us, teetered toward the hole, inevitably pulling us with him.
I could hear Dean yelling, trying to get me to come back, to let go of his brothers but by that point I knew it was too late. We were falling. Falling into the pit. Falling into a darkness that we knew nothing about.

Dean just starred in shock. He just watched his wife and two younger brothers fall into the cage. The cage that was meant to only hold one brother. The brother that was currently holding the only being that cage was ever meant for. The cage that was in hell.
He slowly began to fell the pain that radiated from his face in waves. He sat, hunched over the spot that was once the hole but now was just a grassy area that now only held four rings, bound together by old magic.
He heard a noise behind him and almost didn't turn to look but when he did, he saw Castiel standing over him, blocking out the sun. He was dead. Dean thought to himself. Then Bobby was alive and everything was moving in blur that Dean couldn't keep up with. Suddenly the pain was gone, well the physical pain was. The emotional pain was still as strong as ever.

Now Dean was on his way back to his children, three of which no longer have a mother. This must have been what it felt like for her when I was in hell. Dean though to himself. Tears had not stopped falling for Dean but he was stoically silent. Bobby was driving behind him as they made their way back to Sioux Falls. Back to what was left of his family.