Chapter twelve

"Castiel, please. I need your help here." I called out desperately. If he could bring Dean back from hell then there is no reason he can't help my son. I stood there, waiting for a good few minutes. He needed to fix this. I needed him too.
I looked down at my unconscious son and worried if he'd actually show. I heard a knock on the door and Dean walked in.
"Baby, you need to eat something." He said, handing me a sandwich. I took it but I set it down on the table next to DJ' s bed as I sat down. I rubbed my growing belly absentmindedly as I waited for my son to breathe his last breath.
"You called?" We both turned to see a man with brown hair and the bluest eyes looking at us. He was wearing a suit but had a tan trench coat over it, his tie was loose and he looked a little disheveled.
"I didn't call you, Castiel. Why are you here?" Dean asked as I slowly stood.
"Please." I said, my voice dripping with desperation. Both men looked at me. "Please save him." Castiel didn't answer me, he just looked at DJ and then up at Dean.
"Lucy, you called him? Why?" Dean was shocked and Castiel looked a little shy in the corner.
"He saved you didn't he? If he pull you out of hell then he can cure some internal bleeding. This is our son, Dean. Don't you want to do everything  you could to save him?" He took a deep breath before turning to look to Castiel.
"Can you do it?" He asked. "No side effects. No deals, just you fix his problem and he lives?" I quickly looked to the Angel and waited for his answer.
"I can, yes. But..."
"No buts. If it's possible, do it. Please." I looked to the door and I could see Ben standing there, listening, watching to see what happens next. I put a hand on Dean's arm to calm him and leaned into it, physically feeling him breathing hard. This was too hard, too much for us to handle. It wasn't fair.
"I don't owe you anything, Dean." Castiel suddenly spoke up. Dean straightened his back out and taking a deep breath to calm himself.
"He is just a kid. He doesn't deserve this. Please, just...please."
"This isn't a monster attack Dean. This is natural and it may be meant..."
"Do not finish that statement." I said suddenly. They both seemed shocked. "Please just help him. Don't let him die because this is natural. Please." Castiel seemed to just take a breath before moving forward and standing over our son. He reached out his hand and hesitated over DJ's forehead a moment before finally pressing two fingers down and closing his eyes. Nothing seemed to happen as he stepped away from DJ. I looked back and saw Ben was no longer hiding behind the door, he was fully standing in the doorway.
"He is healed. He'll wake in a few hours. He'll be weak so it's best to let him rest." Castiel explained. I smiled and it took everything in my not to run up and hug the Angel.
"Thank you Castiel." Dean said, his voice soft and filled with gratitude. He held his hand out to him but Castiel just looked confused. I held back a laugh as I turned to look at my son. He was going to live. I could rest now knowing DJ was healed and safe. No more surprises, nothing. Just DJ.