Chapter thirty three

I hadn't realized Dean had followed me out until he put his hand on my shoulder. I turned and saw that he wasn't mad at my outburst but I could see the understanding in his hazel eyes.
"I'm sorry I just..." He cut my off by shaking his head.
"Don't. You have nothing to apologize for. He needed to hear that from you. He needed to understand what he's done." Dean's still mad.
"Did I really need to hit him?" He smirked a little.
"He kind of earned that, don't you think?" I smiled and wrapped my arms around my husband.
"I missed you." I said into his chest. He tightened his grip on my waist and kissed the top of my head.
"I missed you too." He whispered into my hair. "I thought we lost him. But..."
"No." I cut him off. "No buts. I don't want to hear the bad news." He pulled away and grabbed my face in his calloused hands. He smiled but I could see the fear behind it.
"Luce. I have to tell you this. It's important. When Sam freed Lucifer, he started the apocalypse. Okay which means the world is supposed to end. Now we got a tidbit of info. Michael's sword is the only thing that can stop Lucifer from ending everything." I pulled back. I tried to digest what Dean just told me but my brain couldn't process the end of the fucking world.
"So we go find it. If it's the only thing that can save everyone, fine. Let's go." I started to walk passed him but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back. I turned to see the tears in his eyes. "What aren't you telling me?" I asked as I pulled my elbow from his grasp.
"I'm his sword. It's me."
"What does that mean?" I think I already knew the answer but I needed to hear it from him. I took a step back as I waited for him to finally tell me what was going on.
"I'm his vessel." He said as his voice broke and the tears finally spilled down his cheeks. The air was pulled from my lungs. When were we going to get a fucking break? When were we going to be able to live our freaking lives? This wasn't fair. It wasn't right. I left Dean standing alone outside as I went back into the house and went upstairs to the room where we've spent so many nights and cried until I fell asleep.

Bobby seemed to be adjusting but who knows. He's a closed book that doesn't let the world know how he really feels. Except I can see right through it and I knew he was suffering. The boys were sent to help a hunter named Rufus, a friend of Bobby's and I stayed to help out for a while. I almost didn't want to go home but I knew DJ wanted to stay near his brother. I made sure the little ones were taken care of when I walked in to the kitchen to start making dinner when I noticed DJ was sitting at the table, studying of all things.
"Man you keep going like that and you'll be as nerdy as your uncle." We all know Sam loves his research. DJ huffed and continued with his homework.
"Bubby you know when I bring you here, it's kind of like a vacation. You didn't need to bring your school work." He looked up and just stared at me. It kind of scared me a little. I just stared back holding a can of tomato sauce in my hands that I pulled from the cabinet.
"How am I going to become a doctor if I slack off, mom? And stop calling me Bubby I'm almost fourteen." I put my hands up and walked over to the stove. I sent the can down and grabbed a pan from inside the oven.
"Look, Dean you can become a doctor and still have a little fun. I mean you're a kid for crying out loud. Act like one. You know I was only a little older than you when I found out I was pregnant, trust me on this, act like a kid while you still can." He looked down for a second and then smiled at me.
"Bobby, where do you keep the spoons?" I yelled, still smiling at my son. He just happened to smile back.

"Lucy." I had put the kids to bed and DJ was sitting on the couch playing one of his handheld video games. I turned to see Bobby had wheeled his way over.
"What's up, Bobby?" I asked, leaning against the doorframe.
"I heard what you said to him earlier." I looked at DJ and didn't look back until I heard Bobby continue. "As much as I really appreciate you staying here and helping out, you really should take him back home so he can be that kid you want him to be. He can't be that here. Too much happens here for him to be a kid. He'll just grow up to be like his daddy." I, again, turned to look at DJ and wondered how much this life has screwed him up this far.
He already wanted to be a hunter like his dad but we shot that down instantly. He doesn't go to school like a normal kid because I keep moving around with him. He will never have a normal life because he knows things go bump in the night.
"But Bobby you need help here. I can't just leave right now.
"Lucy, I'm an old man, I've been thrown some shit storms before. I can handle one more." I laughed a little before leaning down and hugging the old man tight before telling DJ we were going home.