Chapter five

I made it back to Sioux Falls and the boys were bantering back and fourth. I only caught the end of the conversation seems as they noticed my presence.
"I'm sorry but it isn't possible. They simply don't exist." Dean walked out of the room and passed me, not even looking up. He stalked down the stairs of Bobby's beat up front porch and walked down towards the garage. I'm sure something needed to be fixed.
I looked back at Sam and Bobby and they simply looked back. I still haven't told Sam about the baby. I just wasn't ready. I knew we had to discuss it sooner or later but later just seemed like such a better option.
"What was that about? Did you guys find out what brought Dean back?" Bobby nodded as Sam pressed his lips into a thin line with his hands on his hips.
"Angels." They both answered together. I was actually shocked silent. That was definitely an answer I wasn't expecting. I simply turned and followed the steps my husband took out of the house.
I found him out by the impala, tinkering with it, which I'm sure he's been dying to do since he got back.
"Did you ever have Bobby look at her?" I looked down at the car. I shook my head.
"Not really. I haven't really been up here much in the last four months. Could only make a couple trips and I used my SUV. She didn't get driven much." Dean did not like that answer.
"You let her sit for four months?" I shrugged. "Do you know what that can do to a car? You're lucky she got you here."
"I did drive her Dean. Just not every day." He seemed to relax a little. He went back under the hood. "Dean are we going to talk about the elephant in the room?" He gave me a look before going back to what he was doing.
"Well we're technically not in a room."
"I'm serious Dean. We really need to figure this out, especially on how to tell your brother." He stopped and braced his hands on the frame of the car.
"Why? Why do we have to tell him anything? Can't we just say it's mine and move on?" I took a deep breath. Well at least he wants it.
"If it were anyone else Dean I would agree with you. Seriously I would but it's not. It's Sam and he's not exactly stupid. I mean he knows how these things work. He'll ask questions and demand a test. Which I'm not exactly thinking is a bad idea. I want to know Dean. I want to know who's child I'm carrying."
"You're pregnant?"
Shit.
I turned to see Sam standing next to the impala. I took a deep breath and did my best to calm my racing heart. Dean looked from Sam to me and nodded.
"Yeah Sam. She's pregnant." He said, not taking his eyes off of me. I looked back and saw that his eyes did not hold any resentment or show any kind of accusations, it was genuine concern and love. He was worried about me.
"Why didn't you tell me?" My head snapped up to look at Sam. I can't believe he just said that.
"I called you six times the day I found out and I called you for days after and you never once picked up the phone to see if I was alright. To see if the kids were okay. Your nephews were a wreak when I came home alone to tell them about their father and DJ didn't really recover from it. I could've used the support Sam and you bailed. I needed you and you ran off. I'm sorry for not sharing sooner." I felt Dean place a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see I had taken A few steps forward. I quickly turned and walked away, getting as far from Sam as I could.

That night, I held Dean as close as I could. He put his hand in mine and we huddled close together in our bed. He was playing with our fingers and kissed my hand when they were close to his lips.
"I missed you." I said quietly, shuffling to get even closer to my husband, if that were even possible. He let go of my hand and wrapped his arms around me, tightening his grip as he did. I wanted this so bad and I finally had it. It was mine and it was real. He was real.
I placed my forehead on his chest and curled into him and when I opened my eyes I noticed a bump on his arm. I could tell it was bigger than what I could see and I was a little curious as to what it was. I pulled away and he simply looked up at me as I sat up, confusion covering his face. I pulled at the sleeve of his shirt and he seemed to get the idea. He sat up and pulled the fabric covering his arm back so I could see what it was.
It was a handprint. A handprint that seemed to have welt the skin on his arm. Whatever grabbed him was powerful.
"Sam and Bobby said it was an angel that did it. Is that true?" He seemed to being thinking of a good enough answer that would help the situation. He was playing with the edge of our blanket, letting the sleeve of his shirt fall back into place.
"I don't know." He simply said, his hazel eyes coming up to meet mine before looking forward.  "We used everything on him and it didn't do anything. Didn't even stop him. And when he came in, you couldn't actually see them but on the wall behind him, you could see the shadow of his wings and Lucy they were huge. I've never encountered something like this." He was talking quietly as if he really didn't want this to be true. He didn't want to be saved by an angel.
"You seem kind of upset about the idea. I mean...if there really are angels then that means there is a god right? How is that so bad?" He looked back at me and smiled a small smile.
"That's what Sam said. But..."
"But what Dean?"
"But why me? What was so important about me that god would send his angels to grab me from hell and bring me back?" I sighed and gave him a smile back. He was close to tears, his eyes glossing over as I took his hand.
"Maybe he saw how much your family needed you." He laughed before grabbing my face and kissing me.
"Come on. Get some sleep. You've had a long drive today." Dean said laying us back down. I snuggled close to him and was quickly sleeping in my husbands arms.