Chapter nineteen

At first I couldn't hear much, just beeping, a lot of beeping. Now I could hear voices. Mostly Dean's voice. Then I noticed the pain. The pain that started from my stomach and reached up to my left side. I groaned and opened my eyes.
"Dean?" I felt movement to my left side before Dean came into view. His eyes were red and swollen, face wet with fresh tears. He looked terrified, yet relieved.
"Lucy? Hey, take it easy. You've got some stitches." I tried to move but I felt some pain shoot across my lower abdomen. I looked down and saw that my baby wasn't  inside me anymore. I meet dean's eyes as he grew silent, tears filling my vision.
"I lost the baby. Didn't I?" My voice sounded broken. Dean quickly shook his head, taking my hand in his, being careful not to hit my IV.
"No honey, you didn't. We have a son. A baby boy and he's alive. He's so beautiful and I can't wait for you to see him. You won't believe it." Tears seemed to be coming faster now. A son? I have another little boy?
"I need to see him. I want to go see him."
"I'll find your doctor so she can okay it. You can't overdue it Luce, we almost lost you." With that, Dean rushed out of the room and suddenly I was alone with the memories blasting through my mind.
Dean coming in seeing me chained up, fear radiating off both of us, mixing in the air between us. Alastair turning the knife in his hand, walking forward and shoving it into me, trying to kill me and my unborn son.
"Lucy, sweetie calm down. Hey baby breathe." I heard Dean say as he came into view. I realized I was hyperventilating and my monitor was going crazy. Dean was in front of me, concern all over his face. The doctor was standing over me suddenly. I squeezed my eyes shut and forced my breathing to regulate. Remembering that I was safe now. Alastair couldn't hurt me. Not here.

I wasn't allowed to see the baby yet. Dr. Broots said I wasn't strong and I was going crazy. I just wanted to see my son. I needed to see him. I wasn't climbing the walls.
"Dean, I need to get out if this room." I said, finally fed up. "I've been here for two days and I'm going insane." Dean laughed a little and squeezed my hand.
"I know baby but you need to heal. You went through a lot this week. You'll get out of here. I promise. I know you want to see the baby, I do too but you just have to be patient." Dean hasn't seen the baby since I woke up. He said he didn't feel right seeing our son when I couldn't. That was two days ago.
Dr. Broots came in for my morning check up and checked my vitals and my stitches, making sure I was healing okay. When she was finished, she stood up straight and just looked at me, lips pressed but a small smile played at them. She looked to Dean and walked out without saying a word. Dean looked at me, clearly just as confused as I was.
"What the hell was that?" He asked. I just shrugged. I looked up the door as Dr. Broots backed in and turned around, pushing a wheelchair.
"I think there's someone you've been waiting patiently to meet." She smiled. I was going to see my son.

Dean and Dr. Broots helped me into my chair and wheeled me down to the NICU.
I never expected anything so tiny. The baby was so small it scared me. How was he even alive? He couldn't breathe on his own and his eyes were closed. I could feel the silent tears streaking down my cheeks and I felt Dean place a shaky hand my shoulder. I put my hand on top of his and squeezed it. Finding my strength in him.
"He needs a name." I said, my voice completely unsteady. I felt my lungs empty as I fought for more air. This couldn't be happening.
Dr. Broots decided then that we could use some privacy. She explained everything to us and left us to be with our son.
"What were you thinking?" Dean asked me, sitting next to me in a chair one of the nurses brought him. I looked at my baby, my son and thought about what his name should be. I've known for a while but I didn't know how Dean would react.
"Jonathan. I think his name should be Jonathan." Dean's face lit up and beamed with pride. 
"Really?" I nodded.
"Your dad was the reason we met. If he hadn't left you two with Pastor Jim, we never would have known each other." Dean nodded.
"Then his middle name should be James. Because if Pastor Jim didn't live in the very same town you did, we never would have met." I looked back at our baby.
"Jonathan James. Hi Jonathan."

Jonathan James Winchester
Born November 20th 2008
3 lbs 9 oz.