Wedding Day.

"It's beautiful, Annabeth. I..I can't believe you managed to put this all together in the span of 3 months." 

The blonde flicked her hair over her shoulder, grey eyes stormy and determined. "My name is Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena Chase. If I say I'll get something done, I will." 

Will chuckled from beside him, unlacing their fingers to approach Annabeth. "And we completely trust you to run the reception today. Now, I've got a tux to get into and nails to paint. Bye love." 

Nico watched Will walk off, not before hearing Piper yell at Will to wait for her. 

"You too, Neeks. Wedding starts in six hours." Annabeth turned to him, after inspecting the chairs that stood in front of the beautiful flower arch that dominated the room. 

"I know, but...I'm interested in the wedding prep too. Run it by me really quickly." 

Annabeth hummed, coaxing her hair into a ponytail. "Okay. Wedding is set to start at 5pm, so the caterer will be here by 3pm, and everyone has to be ready by 4. I'm so glad I managed to get the decorations up and everything by the morning. It really cut down on the time needed for wedding prep today. Oh, yes. Reyna and Percy will reach at 12 so Rey will help you with your tux, after fetching the rings and Jason will be with Leo and I to run the reception. Caterers, officiants, last minute touch-ups...all that technical stuff. Hazel and Frank won't be here on time for any wedding prep, but I've mailed them their clothes way before the wedding, so they'll show up on time for the reception." 

Nico stepped closer to the flower arch, and felt his heart flutter when he noticed that the flower arch had been decorated with pure white hydrangeas and gentle yellow tulips. "Hey...you got the hydrangeas I wanted." 

Annabeth looked up from the clipboard in her arms and beamed. "Hell yeah I did. I wasn't gonna settle for some basic ass white roses. Plus I knew how important they were to you." 

Bittersweet swelled in his chest. 

"Thanks, Beth." 

They fell into a comfortable silence, and Nico finally got a good look at the place. White and gold cloth draped from the ceiling billowing, yet managing to seem regal and classy. The chairs the guests were supposed to sit on are chiavari chairs painted gold with white roses twined around the chair legs. Nico saw fairy lights strung across the room's walls, paired with the very large crystal chandelier that hung in the centre of the room, dominating and beautiful. 

Everything looked perfect. 

Gentle and sweet, almost ethereal. 

"You got everything spot on, didn't you? I bet you had to pull some serious strings to get some of the stuff we want." 

Annabeth hummed again. "Your hydrangeas were the worst. They only grow in places like China, Korea and Japan...gods, getting them shipped here was horrible. But I did it anyway. For you." 

"You didn't have to. You could've called me and said no one here carried hydrangeas...I would settle for jasmines or something." 

"Yeah, but that look in your eye when you said hydrangeas. I could have pictured your disappointment...and it's your big day. You deserve the best. Why are they so important to you anyway?" 

He shrugged. "White hydrangeas. My mother used to love them. She'd always say that they were the symbol of peace, purity, love. Said they were the epitome of beauty and grace. Sometimes she'd take me to the places where they bloomed, and...I don't know..I guess I just saw the smile on her face when she'd see them, and I decided that white hydrangeas were my favourite flower. And then she fell sick."