Korekiyo Shinguji x Gonta Gokuhara

Requested by KokoroMitsume0710

POV of Korekiyo

"So, tell me again why you've come to me, of all people?" I ask, annoyed. "Well.. all of Gonta's other friends are busy.. He would like to know if you would talk with Gonta." He explains cheerily. "I am a bit busy at the moment. If you would come back later.." I say as I start to close the door on him. But, he stops the door.. "Please, Shinguji-san? Gonta has nobody else to talk to.." he pleads. I groan under my mask. "I.. suppose I can postpone my studies to tomorrow.." I mumble. Gonta's face lights up as I allow him inside my Research Laboratory. As he walks in, I notice a cheery skip in his step.. He's a happy, naive man..

He sits down at a table and places his bug carrier on it. I sit down across from him and notice a black and yellow beetle inside the carrier. "What kind of bug is it?" I ask. He looks at me like a confused puppy. "The bug, what kind is it?" I ask, exasperated. "Ohh," he realizes, "It's a beetle. Gonta still has to look it up in his books." "Ah.."

A few seconds of silence pass as Gonta stares at the beetle, his expression more somber than when he entered. "Is something the matter, Gonta?" I ask. He looks away for a second. "Everybody.. is really sad... Because of being stuck here.. Gonta is trying his best to make everybody happy.. but nothing is working.. Is Gonta doing something wrong? Gonta doesn't want everyone to be sad.." he mumbles sadly. I almost feel bad for the doe-eyed giant.. "You aren't doing anything wrong, Gonta. You can't control what's happening here.." I reassure, "You're trying your best, and every bit counts.." Gonta looks down at me somberly. All of a sudden, he pulls me into a hug. A tight hug.. I can feel the oxygen being pushed out of me.. but it feels.. soft... Maybe it's his hair brushing against the side of my face.. or his hands gripping my sides... Or.. maybe it's his heart.. his big, innocent heart, just trying to do some good.. Whatever it is.. it feels.. good. He pulls away and smiles. I feel a wave of red coming across my face.. "Gonta will go now.. He will let you work now," he chirps. I nod, flustered, "Thank you, Gonta..."

A short one but sweet

Oh yeah A/N:

I've never thought much of Kork and Bug Boi but I like how this turned out. And I do love some good Gonta oneshots.

Anyways, for the next week, I'll be in Costa Rica for vacation so idk how often I'll be able to post so just stay tuned and keep requesting!

-Alex