Kiyotaka Ishimaru x Reader

Requested by Stripedredsweater99 

POV of Reader

As I sat at the table, listening to other students talk, I felt like I was being watched.. Like a cold presence over my shoulder. I looked around and noticed Ishimaru staring at me, again.. Did I do something wrong? I caught his eye and he jumped and looked away, covering his flustered face. I stared at him, confused.. What does he want?

Everyone began to leave and I got up to leave as well. As I walked down the hallway, Sayaka caught up with me and we began to talk. "I saw Taka staring at me again.." I whispered. "That's weird.. maybe there's something on you?" She teased, brushing my back. "Right.. I don't know what's going on with him," I said unenthusiastically. "Maybe he likes you?" She suggested. I stifled a laugh, "Don't be stupid, Maizono." "No, I'm serious this time! What if he really does like you?" She said. I stopped and thought for a second.. "There's no way, he's probably too busy with his homework to like anybody," I said. "Well.. do you like him?" I stared at Sayaka and thought.. I guess I did kinda like him.. He was a sweet guy, strong too. He may be loud, but he's lovable..

"Excuse me?" I heard a voice call out. We turned to see Kiyotaka walking towards us. "Hey Taka," Sayaka said cheerily. "May I speak to (Y/n) for a minute?" He asked firmly. Sayaka and I turned to look at each other. She raised her eyebrows as if to say "I told you so". I sighed, "Sure, Taka," I said. He began to walk and I followed him back into the cafeteria. He sat down at a table and I sat down across from him. "What did I do?" I asked. "You did nothing wrong.." he mumbled. "Then what do you want?" I continued. "W-Well.. I brought you here.." he began, his voice cracking slightly, "because.." I waited patiently for him to finish.. "I.. I really like you!" He shouted abruptly. I stared at him, shocked.. He had his head down and his fists clenched. I opened my mouth to say something, but he got up and quickly walked away.. I didn't expect him to really like me.. Maizono was right..

I got up and left the cafeteria in search of Ishimaru. I walked down the hallway, looking around. Suddenly, I felt someone grab my collar. "What's the hurry, (Y/n)?" Sayaka asked. "Did you see Maru leave the cafeteria?" I asked quickly. "Yeah, I think he went over there-" she pointed down the hall and I ran that way before she could finish.

I kept walking down the hallway until I reached the classrooms. I looked inside one to see Kiyotaka sitting at a desk.. silent. "Maru?" I called out. He turned to look at me and looked away quickly. "Why'd you run off like that?" I asked, sitting down at a desk next to him. He kept silent.. I didn't say anything either.. "I.. was afraid..." he mumbled. "Afraid? Of me?" I asked. "N-No.. of being rejected.." he replied. A beat passed.. "Well.. you don't have to be afraid.. I'm not gonna reject you," I reassured. He turned to look me in the eyes. "I like you too.." I said. He smiled softly and looked back at the desk.

"I'm glad.."