Mondo Owada x Reader

Requested by Stripedredsweater99 (because who fucking else)

POV of Reader

No killing game

I sat in the chair in my dorm room, tapping my foot on the floor. It was a quiet day.. nothing much to do.. when I heard a knock on my door. I got up and opened the door to see Mondo Owada. He was holding a small, injured puppy in his arms.. it was whining and bleeding. "Oh my god.. what happened?" I cried. He handed the small dog to me as he explained, his teeth clenched. "Some assholes were drop kicking the little guy outside the school. I took him and I thought since you're the Ultimate Vet, you could take a look at him.." "Of course, no problem.." I assured, clearing my desk and gently placing the puppy on it. As I started wrapping the puppy with bandages, I asked Mondo, "Did he have a collar before you picked him up?" "Nope," Mondo replied, "Don't think he has a home.." I sighed, "I'll check for a microchip."

As I finished cleaning and patching the wounds, I heard Mondo start talking again. "Thanks again for helping him on such short notice.. I didn't think you'd be here.." "It's no trouble, Mondo, I'm just doing my job. It's nice to know someone else here is a dog lover," I said, smiling. I saw him grin back and look at the stuff on my desk. I took my scanner and ran it across the dog's body, but it didn't pick up a microchip.. "Looks like this puppy doesn't have a microchip.. you might want to put up signs," I explained, picking up the puppy. Mondo nodded and took the puppy from me calmly. "Thanks again for fixing him up. I'll get right to the signs," he said. "Again, it's no trouble!" I said kindly. As he got up, he cradled the puppy in his arms. "Hey.." he said, "Would you want to help me tomorrow? Making signs and all.." "Sure, I'm not doing anything," I replied, smiling. He blushed and smiled back, "Right.. It's a date." I nodded. He waved and took the puppy out with him.

Finally, another dog lover..

SHAMELESS PLUG:

I'm making the Nutcracker!AU Kiibo x Reader thing an entirely separate story. Check it out on my profile!

-Alex