Nagito Komaeda x Reader

Requested by Snowflakesparklegore

POV of Reader

I trembled as I held the knife in my hand. We were outside, alone. Nagito just held his arms up and smiled. "Come on, stab me, it's not that hard, Y/N," he chuckled. His eyes were swirling and he was sweating, but he looked happy.. He had just simply handed me the knife and told me to kill him. But, I couldn't.. "This is for the others.. They'll be happy! They'll be able to go home with the power of Hope!" He chirped. Tears fell down my cheeks as I stared at the sharp knife.

"I-I can't do it, Nagito! I just can't do it!" I broke, falling to my knees. "I want you to live.. I can't kill you!" I sobbed and dug my nails into the ground. He kneeled down next to me and caressed my hair. "It's okay, Y/N-san. You don't have to do it.." he whispered, taking the knife from my hand gently. "N-No! Wait!" I screamed. He looked back down at me. "Don't kill yourself! I don't know what I'll do without you..!" I sobbed. He stopped. "I-I love you, Nagito.. You.. you can't die.. You have to survive with us! There has to be another way!" I rested the top of my head on the ground and cried.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him place the knife in front of me. I looked up with tears in my eyes. "Do.. do I really mean that much to you..?" His eyes weren't swirling. "O-Of course.." I mumbled, blushing slightly. He smiled and helped me up. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek. "Y/N-san.. I love you too.." he whispered. I started sobbing again and hugged him tightly, repeatedly whispering "don't leave me" to him. He rubbed my back and kissed my forehead.

I suppose.. I meant more to him than I thought..