Mondo Owada x Reader: Physical Empathy Soulmate!Au

Requested by Stripedredsweater99 (cause who else) (also your name is in my auto fill now)

POV of Reader

As long as I can remember, I've been hurting myself nonstop. Ever since I was a child, I couldn't stop getting injured no matter what I did. I didn't know if I was doing something wrong.. but wherever I was, I always got cuts and bruises.. It's almost as if I'm not the one inflicting the pain..  When I was in my freshman year, I cut myself while I was sitting in the cafeteria, and my friend saw it happen. I didn't even touch anything.. We found it weird and I went over to her house to research. She suggested I might be a physical empath, I said it was insane. She consulted her mother and she told us about how she realized she felt all the pain her husband felt. Her mother told us it was a sign you had a soulmate, wherever he or she may be. My friend got excited, saying my soulmate could be anywhere, but I was skeptical..

I'm now at Hope's Peak High School, with the same problem. My new friend, Aoi, believes my soulmate is here.. I just have to look..

I walk down towards the cafeteria and sit down at a table. Aoi and Sakura join me as some commotion starts at the other side of the room. Mondo's in another fight with Leon.. They're yelling and cursing at one another, when I saw Leon slap Mondo straight across the face. Suddenly, I feel a searing pain in my cheek. "Whoa, (Y/n), what's that on your face?" Aoi asks, concerned. "What?" I reply. She pulls out a pocket mirror and shows a bright red slap mark on my face.. "What the hell is this?" I ask aloud, confused. "I don't know, but it happened as soon as Leon slapped Mondo.." she says. Suddenly I feel as if I'm being hit in the face. Multiple times.. "Oh my god, (Y/n)!" Aoi cries. I see Sakura get up abruptly and break up the fight. Both boys are panting and snarling at one another, but my pain is still burning. All over my face, stomach and shins.. As the yelling dies down, the others notice my wounds amd start to crowd around me.. Through everybody, I can see Mondo staring at me, shocked.. with the same wounds I have...

Aoi and Sakura take me to the nurse's office and attempt to patch my cuts. "I still don't understand why this happened.." Aoi mumbles. "There is something called physical empathy.. It's a sign you have a soulmate.." Sakura states. "So it's either Leon or Mondo? It's gotta be one of them.." Aoi says. Just then, Mondo comes into the nurse's office. He waves silently at me and goes to the cabinet for bandages. "Mondo, your wounds look familiar.." Sakura says blatantly. "What're you talking about?" he asks cluelessly. "You have the same slap mark.." Aoi says. I show him the mark and he stares at it. "The hell? Who did that to you?" he asks. "That's for you to figure out," Sakura says, leading Aoi and herself out of the room, leaving me and Mondo. "Physical empathy, huh?" he mumbles. "Yeah.." I say, "I really don't believe it but-" "I'm sorry.." he cuts me off. "Why are you sorry? You didn't do anything.." I reassure. "It's the soulmate shit.. There's literally no other way.." he says. "You believe in that?" I ask. He stops for a second.. "I don't believe in it.. But it's the only explanation-" "Why? Do you like me?" I asked. "Yes.." he mumbled. I stopped and stared at him, his face turning red. "You like me?" I whispered. "Yes, okay?!" he shouted, "I always knew there was something.. At least.. I hoped..." I blushed slightly. "Mondo, I.. I never knew.." I mumbled, "I'm sorry." "It's okay," he said with a smile on his face. I leaned closer to him and kissed him on the nose. "I guess I kinda like you too.." I laughed quietly. He pulled me closer to him and kissed me full on the lips. I pulled away a few seconds later, blushing heavily. He laughed and continued with his bandages.

Maybe this physical empathy thing isn't so ridiculous..