Returning Calls

~Daveed's POV~ 

After Jonathan's emotional breakdown a wave of confidence finally came over me. The confidence to return my parents calls. They had found out about me and Rafa and my mom kept calling me. She kept saying things in her voicemails like "Daveed, please return my calls. Your father and  I are proud of you, not angry. Please believe me. We'll love you no matter what. We will always be proud of you." 

I had 27 missed calls from them in the span of less than 24 hours. I had only came out and said me and Rafa were engaged this morning. I picked up my phone and called my mom. It rang twice before she answered. 

"OH MY GODDNESS DAVEED DANIEL DIGGS THANK GOD YOU RETURNED MY CALLS!" 

"H-hi mom," I stuttered. 

"Daveed. You know you're father and I aren't mad at you for being bisexual. We're proud of you. You and Rafa are a perfect relationship. I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful. I am so proud to call you my son. I've been of you every goddamn day of my life. Remember that time you beat up a kid in 2nd grade for calling you the n word? Yes I was pissed at you because firstly, you knew what the word ment, secondly beat up a kid, and thirdly thought you did nothing wrong. Yes I was angry as shit, but a part of me was very proud of you for standing up for yourself. I will always love you. Never forget that." With those words I broke into tears. 

"Daveed, is something wrong?" She said, concern in her voice. 

"N-n-no. Y-y-you just d-don't know how h-h-a-ppy I am to hear that," I sobbed. 

"Don't forget I love you," my mom said, "now I have to go now. Goodbye I love you." 

~Rafa's POV~ 

I walked into Daveed's dressing room to see him crying on the floor. I was here to bring him donuts because, why the Hell not we've had an eventful two days. Funny story, in highschool Daveed and I would wake up early and walk to donut shops together and talk about gay things. Like how we would come out and how hot some of the people at our school were. Little did we know that those donut runs were the start of something beautiful. I ran up to him and held him in my arms. 

"ARE YOU OKAY!" I yelled. 

"I'm fine. I just called my parents. They were so supportive," He said. I hugged him tight. 

"I'm so glad, maybe I should call my parents," I said. 

"You should," Daveed responded. I quickly dialed my dad. He finally picked up. 

Well well, Rafael. You finally decided to call me about you and your.............issue,"  He said. 

"BEING GAY IS NOT AN ISSUE IT IS PERFECTLY FINE AND-" 

"Son no, I'm proud of you. The issue i'm talking about is how your horrible at returning phone calls and texts." There was a moment of silence. 

"Oh, that issue." 

"Son, I'm very proud of you and I'm so glad you're happy with Daveed. Just, don't let him boss you around." I laughed. 

"Yes dad, can you put mom on the phone?" 

"Of course son." There was a minute of silence. 

"RAFAEL SANTIAGO CASCAL! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME YOU AND DIGGS WERE DATING!" My mom yelled. Yes my middle name is Santiago, yes my name is hella latin. (A/n It took me a while to figure out what his middle name was so be proud of me.) 

"Because we were scared of what you would think!" 

"Raffy I would never be mad at you for being gay. I'm sure you and Diggs will be the perfect couple, but I'm just not quite sure." 

"What do you mean mom?" 

"Well I'm just saying that I don't think it's wise to be getting married to your highschool best friend. You two got into a lot of trouble and I don't want him to ruin your life." 

"Mom what the HELL! I THOUGHT YOU WERE HAPPY FOR ME! WE WERE TEENAGERS OF COURSE WE WERE GOING TO GET INTO TROUBLE! YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS THAT I HAVE A BETTER RELATIONSHIP THEN YOU AND DAD!" 

"Rafeal take that back!" 

"NO MOM! YOU AND DAD HAVE BEEN FIGHTING SINCE THE DAY I WAS BORN! YOU'VE ALWAYS HATED EACH OTHERS GUTS, BUT YOU COULD NEVER GET A DIVORCE CAUSE IT COSTS TO MUCH MONEY! WHEN WILL YOU REALIZE YOU'RE NOT HAPPY! YOU'VE TAKEN YOUR ANGER OUT ON ME FOR FAR TO MANY YEARS! I'M HAPPY MOM! PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND THAT I-" She hung up on me. That bitch hung up on me. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. 

"I heard it all," Daveed whispered wrapping his long arms around my waist from behind. I kissed down my neck. 

"She may not understand that I would never do you harm. I will never let you get hurt, I'll never let someone push you around. And of course, I'll never hurt you." I felt another tear go down my cheek, but Daveed kissed it away. 

"I love you so much," He whispered into my ear sending shivers down my spine. I turned around, his arms still around me. 

"I love you more," I said. 

"Impossible!" Daveed exclamied. I laughed as we rubbed our noses together. 

"We love each other so much it can't be messured." 

A/n hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. Again I have a new book it's a King George x Reader and you should totally check it out!