A Rafeed Wedding Part 1

~Month Time Skip Rafa's POV~ 

Today was the day. The day I married Daveed and became Rafael Santiago Diggs-Cascal. We were going to combine our last names. The happiest day of my life. Palace Place was  very beautiful. It was basically a church shaped like a castle. I wore a white tux with a black bow tie. I looked at myself in the mirror, smiling. In my dressing room was my dad, Jasmine, and Leslie. I was almost crying from how happy I was. My dad was helping me with my bow tie. 

"Ya know I'd never think I'd see the day I'd get to walk my son down the aisle," my dad said with a laugh. Jasmine was pulling her hair into a tight ponytail. She was in a sparkly gray dress with a high slit. Leslie was there cause he had just gotten married and he could help me. We were also pretty good friends. 

"Well I've always surprised you dad," I laughed. I was so nervous. 

"You look nervous," Leslie said. 

"No shit Sherlock," I replied. 

"There's nothing to be nervous about. You're marrying the love of your life," Jasmine said. That's when I heard the bells. Leslie ran out of the room to take his seat. My dad took my arm. I held a bouquet of lilacs. Jasmine was walking behind us while walking my dog Mia who was carrying the rings.

 Jasmine was walking behind us while walking my dog Mia who was carrying the rings

I slowly stepped out of the room and down the stairs. The doors opened. I saw Daveed down the aisle, Oak at his side. He was in a black tux with a white bow tie. Alex Lacimore was playing to piano, the instrumental to The Real Slim Shady by Eminem to be exact. What did you expect, here comes the bride?! Nah hell nah. 

A/n play to make magical.

I slowly walked down the aisle, my father by my side. Alex smiled as I passed the piano. I saw my mom and Daveed's parents. They were smiling. I saw the whole Hamilcast, Lin saluted me for some unknown reason. I finally reached Daveed. I handed Jasmine the bouquet. 

"Mr. Cascal, are you ready to give away your son?" The priest asked. 

"Yes," My dad said. He kissed my cheek and ran to my seat. 

 "Friends and Family of Rafael and Daveed, welcome and thank you for being here on this important day. We are gathered together to celebrate the very special love between Rafael and Daveed, by joining them in marriage. All of us need and desire to love and to be loved. And the highest form of love between two people is within a monogamous, committed relationship. Rafael and Daveed, your marriage today is the public and legal joining of your souls that have already been united as one in your hearts. Marriage will allow you a new environment to share your lives together, standing together to face life and the world, hand-in-hand. Marriage is going to expand you as individuals, define you as a couple, and deepen your love for one another. To be successful, you will need strength, courage, patience and a really good sense of humor. So, let your marriage be a time of waking each morning and falling in love with each other all over again." The priest said, "now Daveed, your vows."   Daveed pulled out a slip of paper.

"Rafael Santiago Cascal. I love you. I searched the whole dictionary for a word to describe my love for you, but there were none, and the ones the were there were over used and cheesy." I let out a light chuckle, "For the 10 years I've known you, I've been head over heels for you. I know how cheesy this is, but it was love at first sight. When I was young I didn't believe in that bullshit and I thought it was something Disney taught us to have hope in the future, but maybe there are slight circumstances where it can come true. Three years after I met you, I asked you to go on a date and that was the third best decision of my life. The second was to ask you to be my boyfriend, the first was to ask you to marry me. You mean the world to me. I will never hurt you or do you harm. I'd never wish anything bad upon you. And if something bad did happy, I'd save you. I'll never let you out of my sight my little Rafa Taff." The guests laughed at that nickname he gave me. I loved it, but hated it when he said it in public. Daveed reached down to grab a golden wedding band that was in a basket Mia was carrying in her mouth. He slipped the ring on my finger. It looked beautiful next to my opal engagement ring.

 It looked beautiful next to my opal engagement ring

Tears fell from my face. It was time for my vows. I pulled out a piece of paper. 

"Daveed Daniel Diggs. My best friend and soon to be husband. You call my a poetic mastermind, but I'm clearly not since when I attempted to write these vows, I couldn't think of anything poetic to say. All I could think is how much I love you. How much I love when you curl up next to me when I've had a rough day, how much you remind me to use dandruff shampoo cause I always forget." Everyone laughed, Daveed blushed. "I love the way you take care of me when I get hurt considering I am the clumsiest person in the goddamn universe. When I first met you, I kinda thought you were really annoying. All you cared about was rap and the track team, but then I got to know you better and I was head over heels. When you talked to me, my heart exploded, and sometimes, it still does. I remember sneaking out early in the morning to go to donut shops to discuss gay things. Those are still the best memories of my life and I'm glad I get to share them with you. For my love, I won't leave you in the dirt, I won't harm you, I shall only love you, mon amour." I slipped the ring onto his finger. He was crying as well. 

 "Rafael, do you take Daveed Diggs to be your lawfully wedded husband. Through sickness and in health, through wealth and poorness, through sadness and joy, through bad times and great times, to be in love forever and forever?" The preist asked.  

"I do," I said. 

"Daveed, do you take Rafael Cascal to be your lawfully wedded husband. Through sickness and in health, through wealth and poorness, through sadness and joy, through bad times and great times, to be in love forever and forever?" The priest asked.  

"I do," Daveed responded. 

"I now pronounce you husband and husband, you may now kiss the groom." I launched into Daveed's arms, sharing a sweet, passionate kiss. I felt like the earth stopped move for 5 minutes, when we really only kissed for 30 seconds. He was mine, forever. I pulled away. He pulled my ear and whispered, "I love you."