Crashing the Show

WARNING HOMOPHOBIC SLURS! 

~Groff's POV week time skip~ 

Lin and I walked off stage. We had finished the last show of the week and BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

was I tired. I almsot fell over as I tried to walk so Lin carried me to our dressing room. I began to change. 

"So ummmmmm wedding planning," He said. 

"Yeah um so what about it?" 

"I was thinking we could get married at Weehauken. There's this beautiful cliff that over looks the river and  you could put some benches and stuff. If we hurry we can book it for late August. A lot of people have gotten married there actually," He said. I slowly slid on my jeans said, "that sounds amazing. Didn't you take me there once?" 

"Yeah I did," He blushed. 

"I'm going to ask Daveed to be my best man, what about you?" He asked. 

"Well I'm going to have my favorite gay child of Satan, Thayne of course!" I exclaimed. (BTW yes Thayne IRL is gay and mormon. That's another reason why he's amazing.) That's when Daveed burst in. 

"Uhhhhhhhhhhh Groff your mom, dad, and brother, are here and-" Daveed was pushed to the ground by my mother. I quickly buttoned my shirt. Lin marched up to them and hissed,"what do you want with him!" 

"I'm here to convince my son what he's doing is wrong!" My mom yelled. 

"Mom, I love him. You came all the way from Lancaster to tell me you hate me. You could do that over the phone," I hissed. I looked up at my brother. He was on the verge of tears. 

"Jane calm down!" My dad yelled,  "I care for you son. I said some words to you last time we talked, but some of those thoughts have changed. Firstly this is a great show, second we are not disowning you. I wanted to meet the man who makes my son so happy," he smiled, "Lin Manuel isn't it?" He asked reaching out his hand, which Lin did not shake back. David fell to the floor sobbing. I quickly fell to my knees hugging him. 

"It's all my fault!" He sobbed. 

"No it's not," I replied. 

"JAMES HE IS A FAGGOT! YOU CAN'T JUST FORGIVE HIM!" My mom yelled.

"I don't forgive him. I just want to understand. He's still my flesh and blood," my father said. David was like a water works. 

"YOU'RE MY ONLY FRIEND JONATHAN! I CAN'T BELIEVE I LET THEM KNOW ABOUT THIS!" He looked so sad. 

"Calm down, you did nothing wrong," I whispered. 

"Son-" My dad began "DON'T SON HIM! YOU SAID AWFUL THINGS TO HIM!" Lin screamed. 

"Look dude, I don't know who you are, but you don't seem like a good influence on my son," my father snarled. 

"I disagree considering you raised him to hate everyone and everything that wasn't Christian. Luckly he didn't listen to you," Lin said. David got off his knees and punched my dad! HOLY SHIT! My dad stumbled backwards holding his face. 

"DAVID!" My mother gasped. 

"What mom?! I'm tired of you telling me what to do! You've done that for my whole life and I'm tired of it! Besides I have a girlfriend, and she's pregnant! Yep, we're not married and she's pregnant! I don't care what you think we've been dating for 5 years! The only reason we're not married is because we can't afford it!" David yelled. My jaw fell to the floor. 

"Congrats bro," I said. 

"DAVID MICHAEL GROFF! YOU ARE A SINNER! I CAN'T BELIEVE BOTH YOU ARE YOUR BROTHER HAVE DONE THESE THINGS TO DISOBEY GOD!" My mother screamed, "AND YOU! JONATHAN DREW GROFF! YOU DATING ANOTHER MAN! AND YOU WANNA GET MARRIED! BOTH OF YOU HAVE FUN BURNING IN HELL!" 

"WELL AT LEAST SATAN ISN'T JUDGEMENTAL!" I screamed. My mother slapped me clear across the face. I almost fell to the floor, but Lin caught me. 

"HOW DARE YOU HIT YOUR SON!" Lin yelled. 

"HOW DARE YOU TRY TO MARRY MY SON!" 

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK MADAM, NOW GET THE FUCK OUT!"

"You can't do that," My mother scoffed. 

"Yes. I. Can. As the writer and star of the musical you currently just watched, I can kick you out. Now get out before I call the police," Lin snarled. My mom and dad went running. 

"I gotta go Groff, my girlfriend, Amy and I just got a new apartment and I should probably go check on her," He said running out of the room. I was crying into Lin's shoulder. 

"Shhhhhhhhhhh it's all okay, I'm here," Lin whispered, "let's get you home. Maybe a nice warm bath, maybe some hot coco?" 

"That'd be great," I said. Lin grabbed my arm and we walked out of the theater.