Lil Baby

~Rafa's POV~
We were in the car, I was nervous. WE WERE GETTING A BABY! All we knew is her name was Hope, she was from Oakland (like us) she's 7 months old, she was mixed race, and both her parents were dead.
"What if she doesn't like us?" I asked Daveed as we pulled into the parking lot.
"I'm sure she'll like us, she's not even 1," Daveed said as we walked in. We were treated by the adoption agent. She was holding a baby in her arms. She had dark skin, but not really dark and short brown, curly hair. She was wearing a pink dress.
"Daveed and Rafael, here is Hope, you're new daughter," the adoption agent, Mrs. Peach said joyfully. She handed Daveed a plastic bag of her stuff, and handed me Hope. She was so cute. 

"Hello Hope Diggs-Cascal," I smiled. She smiled. 

"I'm papa, and that's daddy," Daveed said, smiling. 

"Alright, her birthday is February 28th, and she loves to draw," Mrs. Peach said, waving us goodbye as we left with our daughter. I took a picture of her and sent it to the Hamilchat. I was an unofficial member because I hadn't been in Hamilton, but I was still close with them. I texted them a picture of her saying, "Hope Rose Diggs-Cascal." I forgot to mention her middle name was Rose. We carried her to the car, looking at her smiling face. 

Renee: OH MY GOD SHE'S SO FUCKING CUTE!

Groffsauce: 👶 

Lin the Dank Meme Big Boy: She's so cute! I'm so happy for you guys! 

I sat in the back with Hope while Daveed drove. I looked in her bag of items. She had a stuffed lion and two other dresses. 

"Glad we got her some clothes," I remarked. 

"I am too," he said. She began to cry. I picked her up, feeding her with a bottle we had brought. I also began to sing to her. 

"When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me speaking words of wisdom, let it be and in my hour of darkness she is standing right in front of me speaking words of wisdom, let it be let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be, whisper words of wisdom, let it be." She calmed down. 

"Okay so she likes the Beatles, good to know," I said. She fell asleep in my arms. We got to our apartment building, parking in the garage. I slowly got up, trying not to wake her up, which failed. She reached her hand up and grabbed mine. 

We walked into the apartment, Soccer and Mia trying to jump us. 

"Guys calm down," Daveed said, pulling them into their kennels. I carried her up to her room. It wasn't full yet since we knew people were going to bring gifts for her, but we have a daughter, finally. I child I get to love, buy tampons for, cherish, watch grow. Hope Rose Diggs-Cascal. My beautiful baby.