Chapter Twelve: I Want to Start Over

"Time is up!"

The three words rang through the field, telling the two teams that the training had ended and that they would receive a review on how the training went.

"Hey, sorry about that," Kirishima said, holding out a hand for Todoroki. "It's been a while since I've fought anyone, I got carried away I guess." The look on his face showed embarrassment and worry. Of course, Todoroki was still hung up on how Kirishima said "again" while mentioning paralysing someone, though he shrugged it off for now.

"Don't worry about it," Todoroki said, taking Kirishima's hand and helping himself off the ground. Only then did he realise the capture tape around his ankles and wrists. 'Kirishima had gotten faster,' he thought, taking off the tape while walking behind the redhead. 'Much faster.' The mismatched eyes of the teen scanned Kirishima from top to bottom, only now realising the different costume. Hell, forget the costume, nearly everything about the redhead changed. He was way more quiet than he used to be, not to mention less social. The hair also added to the list of things changed about the redhead.

Though, Kirishima's smile was very different. It didn't have that feeling of warmth it once had. It was an empty smile that seemed to be a chore to Kirishima than an expression.

"What's wrong?" Kirishima asked, noticing the very focused expression on Todoroki's face. He received a shake of the head in response and was told it was nothing. The redhead shrugged, looking back down at the ground and finding some pebble to kick. He didn't think much of it after that which lead to a very quiet walk to the viewing area. The two had bumped into Bakugou and Sero on the way back and the it was quite obvious who had beaten the other due to the tape wrapped around Sero's waist. 'Maybe Bakugou's got quick reflexes?'Kirishima thought, glancing at the ash blonde. He felt his face heat up when Bakugou looked back at him.

'Fuck,' the redhead thought, looking in the opposite direction. He bit his tongue and told himself to get himself together.

OoOoO

The four entered the viewing area, Kirishima feeling anxious of what the teacher would say. He would admit, doing that to Todoroki was a dick move, but he couldn't help himself. He got used to doing that, I guess.

"Heck, that was super cool Kirishima!" Mina yelled, jumping into Kirishima but somehow not making then both fall. "I had no idea you were that fast!" Kirishima blushed, a little embarrassed by the compliments he was being given. "Uhm, thanks?" Kirishima responded, smiling sheepishly. The next couple of minutes the class gave feedback on the battle, though mostly it was positive. Kirishima didn't expect anyone to say anything nice, but he was wrong.

After class, Mina told him what had happened during the training. "Like, Momo kept saying it wasn't fair for your team because Todoroki and Bakugou are strong," Mina said, stretching her arms out. Kaminari, who was walking beside her and Kirishima, nodded. "Where'd you learn to do that anyways?" Kaminari asked Kirishima, referring to how the redhead pinned Todoroki to the ground with such ease.

"Uh," Kirishima thought for a moment. He sighed, he had already come to terms with what happened to him, so there shouldn't really be a problem? "I was in a fight club sort of thing for a while."

He received unreadable looks from his two friends, almost as if they were reading into his soul.

"I mean," Kirishima quickly started, finding the looks he received unbearable. "It was only for a month, I think, and I don't really care now?" Kirishima was somewhat questioning what he was saying. Did he genuinely not care about what he did during that period? He was deep in thought and was only brought out when he felt strong arms wrap around his chest and light sobbing. Only then did he realise Mina had started crying and Kaminari was hugging him tightly. "Dude, I'm so sorry," Kaminari whispered, holding onto Kirishima tighter. The redhead wondered how he could still breathe at that moment, because Kaminari was very strong.