Chapter 26: Comfort

"You, you what?" Kirishima chocked out, his eyes wide.

Bakugou flushed a bright shade of red, only realising what he had just said.

"I, I mean I love you as a friend?" Bakugou said, wanting to cringe at himself for using the term 'friend'. "I mean, you're you. How could I not love you?"

"Oh," Kirishima responded softly. The air between the two was, to say the least, awkwardly thick.

"I wanted to ask you this for a while now," Kirishima whispered, his voice low, after a long while. "How did we become friends?"

"Well," Bakugou started, stopping for a moment to think about his answer. "We first met when we were supposed to train on how to save people. But, villains attacked the class and we were separated from the class."

"And you and me were teleported to a rundown building where we fought together for the first time," Bakugou spoke softly, a faint smile danced across his lips as he reminisced. "After that, you talked to me more and more even though I hated you. Even after that, you somehow became my friend," Bakugou held tighter on the other. "And then you saved me from the villains during camp." The two were quiet, the air turning from awkward to a mix of contentment and awkward.

"We should be heading to bed," Bakugou whispered, almost sadly, as he let go of the other.

"Stay," Kirishima whispered as the other tried to get up to leave. "What?" Bakugou looked confusedly into the other's crimson eyes. "I- I mean, I don't want to be alone. . ." Kirishima whispered quickly, looking to the side with a faint red painted on his cheeks; although it wasn't obvious due to the lack of lighting at the time.

"Fine," Bakugou sighed, a rare smile finding its way on his face. "But you better not fucking snore or I'm kicking you out."

Kirishima stifled a giggle as he smiled back at the other, all awkwardness fading from the air. "Back at you."

OoOoO

Kirishima forced open his eyes, half closing his eyes again and hissing at the sudden light. He'd forgotten to pull down the curtains that night so the sun's light was able to get into the room. The redhead knew he should probably close them and try to get more sleep in— seeing as it was the weekend— but he felt a heavy weight weigh him down over his side causing him the inability to move. He recalled the events from that night and felt his face flush when he remembered how he had asked Bakugou to stay the night. The redhead forced his head up to find himself staring at half-opened, tired, red eyes that was staring down back at him.

"G, good morning," Kirishima smiled, embarrassed that he had stuttered.

" Morning." Bakugou grumbled bluntly, closing his eyes again but seemed to have no intention of falling back asleep.

Just like that, the two fell into a comfortable silence, only the sounds of their peers commuting downstairs and the soft sound of the boys' breathing filled the room.

"I always found it strange," Kirishima started, closing his eyes in thought. "Ever since I woke up— after they found me that is— I've always say large crosses over people's face,"— Kirishima drew an invisible cross over his face—" But you never had one."

Bakugou hummed.

"It's a little strange don'tcha think?" Kirishima asked, holding onto Bakugou's torso harder. A feeling of familiarity sent down his spine, while embarrassment sat in his stomach. The position the two were in could be interpreted in many different ways from how they actually were.

"Kirishima, you in there?" A familiar bubbly voice said from the outside followed by a couple of knocks. "Me and a few others are going out for some food, do you want to come?"

"Sure, gimme ten minutes," Kirishima replied with no hesitation.

"Alright, we'll wait in the common area," Midoriya said, the sounds of footsteps walking away followed.

Kirishima loosened his grip around the ash blonde and said, "Bakubro, can you let go of me?" Bakugou's grip tightened as he mumbled, "Its been a while since you've called me that."

"What?" Kirishima asked, unable to hear what Bakugou had said.

"I said I'm fucking coming too, dumbass." Bakugou snarled, lightly pulling away from the redhead and getting out of the bed. As the ash blonde started to walk away, he found my help but mumble something under his breath to Kirishima,

"You better not put gel in your shitty hair 'cause it makes your hair stink."

OoOoO
OwO what's this? Another chapter? After so long?
Well, yes dear reader. The Christmas holidays has arrived and I've finally got some time to finish this chapter( totally not doing this instead of doing homework hhahahhahahhah that's crazy of you to think that)