Chapter 32: Before the Hero Internships

New cover by @/BayleeXs If you're looking for a new cover for a story, I suggest checking 'em out bc they're rlly good! So, uh, thank you again( even though you might not see this haha)

(Btw I just wanna apologise for Bakugou being so ooc smh also Kirishima)

OoOoO

Kirishima walked beside Bakugou, his eyes trailing along the trees planted along the path. He never realised they were there before.

"Hey, Bakugou," Kirishima started, pointing at the trees. "How long have those been there?"

"The trees?" Bakugou questioned, raising a brow at the redhead. Kirishima nodded.

"They planted those halfway through the second year," Bakugou explained, rubbing the back of his neck. He remembered how he had flipped a tree off. "Why? Did you come to some amazing revelation relating to the trees?"

Kirishima scoffed. "No, but I just never noticed them before."

Bakugou rolled his eyes, fishing his phone out of his pocket. He stared intently at the screen for a minute before glancing back up at Kirishima. Kirishima looked down at Bakugou curiously, staring deep into the other's ruby eyes.

"What is it?" Kirishima asked after a minute went by without Bakugou saying anything.

Bakugou's faces turned a light pink. "I fucking love you."

"Oh-!" Kirishima replied, turning two shades of red darker than his hair. "I, uh, love you too, Bakugou."

Bakugou smirked triumphantly, grabbing hold of Kirishima's hand and leading him to the cafeteria. As the two entered the building, a thought crossed both of their minds.

'I could have lost you.'

"Bakugou," Kirishima said, stopping. Bakugou stopped promptly, a few steps in front of the redhead, and looked back.

"What is it?"

"It's just," Kirishima grip on Bakugou's hand tightened as he spoke. "If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be here right now. With you. It's just, I'm so thankful, even if I might be a pain in the ass." Kirishima chuckled dryly, unable to look Bakugou in the eyes.

"It wasn't just me," Bakugou said, ruffling Kirishima's hair. "You should thank yourself too; for not going through with it."

Kirishima smiled lightly at the other. There was a fuzzy feeling in his chest that he'd notice he'd feel every time Bakugou said something nice to him.

"Now let's go," Bakugou started walking again, pulling Kirishima along with him. "I'm starving."

OoOoO

"You scared all of us shitless!" Mina screamed, hugging Kirishima so tight that he could barely breathe. "We spent all night looking for you because that text and how you left-!"

Mina continued rambling on until Bakugou butted in. "Shut up weird eyes, he's here now, isn't he?"

Bakugou and Kirishima were sitting with the rest of the Baku Squad in the cafeteria. After the two entered the cafeteria, they noticed the group and — much to Bakugou's dismay — walked over there and sat with them.