Chapter 25: The Truth and Lies

Bitch, imma warn ya right now, shit's. about. to. go. down. :)
Yeah, I'm sorry that I don't feel sorry

OoOoO

Kirishima heard nothing but a monotone echo in his ears. His vision was blurry and his breathing was ragged. He felt dazed and it was as if the ground below him was moving.

"The winner of this round is 109!" Cheers. "The next round will begin shortly, 107 versus 109! Place your votes. . ." Kirishima muted the announcer out.

The next thing the 'redhead'— more like pale red, if you could even call it red anymore—knew, he was thrown onto the ground into one of the many temporary cells he's been in. 'Since when were people so cruel?' Kirishima thought, his vision returning back to him. He felt disgusting, covered in blood and bruises.

"Are you alright?"

Kirishima lifted his head to be met with a pair of large green eyes. Opposite him was a girl, around his age, who had squishy cheeks which freckles that dotted her face like stars in a galaxy. She had extremely messy, long dark brown hair that went a little below her waist. "You look really beat," the girl mumbled, reaching out her hand to Kirishima's bruises. The numbers 107 were burnt into her wrist— similarly to how Kirishima was embedded with the numbers 109. "I'm fine," Kirishima said, pulling his arm closer to his chest, wincing a little at the pain. The girl looked a little hurt.

"Ah, I, I see. . ." The girl whispered, pulling back her hand. "It's just, the fight looked pretty tough. You're not quirkless are you?"

"Why would you assume that?" Kirishima asked, raising a brow. The girl opposite him stuttered on her words before muttering out, "You weren't using your quirk, so I assumed. . . You know."

"Well, I do have a quirk," Kirishima said, tensing up a little as he spoke. "I just prefer not to use it."

"Why? You wouldn't get hurt so bad! It'll also make things easier," the girl responded, seemingly getting defensive over nothing.

"I'd rather die than continue to live like this," Kirishima admitted, gaining an understanding look from the girl. "Why do you care anyways?"

"Because I'm quirkless, which makes these things much harder for me," the girl muttered, followed by a short silence between the two.

"Get up," a man said to Kirishima, pulling him up by the arm. Kirishima was dragged back to the ring and( surprise, surprise) the girl he was talking to was there. He was speechless. "Begin!"

OoOoO

A hand was placed on Kirishima's shoulder which brought him out of his thoughts. "Ey, 's something wrong?" The redhead jumped at this sudden touch. "Yeah, I'm fine," he mumbled quickly, wiping away tears he never knew he was shedding. 'Dammit, don't cry! Idiot!'

"Bullshit," a certain ash blonde grumbled, sitting down beside the redhead. 'Bakugou? Why is he here? I thought-'

"You're a really bad liar, you know that?" Bakugou continued, crossing his arms across his chest. Kirishima replied with a soft, "Yeah." A forced out giggle followed behind. 'You can't let him worry about you,' Kirishima told himself, clenching his hands into fists. "You know you can tell me if something's wrong, alright?" Bakugou said, patting Kirishima's shoulder. 'Look, now you made him worry about you, stupid.'