Chapter 37: Maybe... Like A Date, Or Something..?

Honestly I had so much fun with this chapter fufufu.. when you read it, you'll know what I mean right off the bat!
I think it might be because my mental state is improving a whole lot,,,, or maybe it's because I've had a whole week off school... probably the latter haha
Anyway,, hope ya like this chapter! We're FINALLY getting to the good stuff( though ofc there's a lil' angst sprinkled in but it's not even that bad owo)

OoOoO

A door. According to the internet, it was 'a hinged, sliding, or revolving barrier at the entrance to a building, room, or vehicle, or in the framework of a cupboard'. To put it into context such as this one, it would be a hinged wooden item at the entrance of a room. To most people, it was a common daily object, barely anyone gave it a second thought. Right now however, Bakugou was thinking how wonderful it would be to stare at each door in this corridor for hours.

You'd think he'd been excited to see Kirishima again, too.

"Something wrong, Bakugou?" Uraraka furrowed her brows in concern. She, Bakugou, Kaminari and Midoriya had made it a point to Aizawa to let them visit Kirishima - seeing as they were the first to alert the heroes of the redhead's whereabouts and were at the scene, although wasn't mentioned.

"I'm fucking fine," Bakugou grumbled, carefully examining a door that he would mind banging his head against.

"I think Kaachan's just a little worried," Midoriya said, squeezing Uraraka's hand for emphasis. "Out of all of us, he was the first to see Kirishima."

"Hmm, you're right," Uraraka muttered, stuffing her free hand into her hoodie's pocket. "To be honest, I'm a little anxious, too. Though I heard he isn't severely injured, so that's good."

"Mhm, besides," Kaminari finally spoke up after being quiet for so long. "If something was wrong, he'd definitely say something."

'Doubt it,' Bakugou thought, his thoughts trailing back to the talk they had the other night - before all the weird shit happened. It was obvious Kirishima was skipping out on some of the details, though Bakugou would do anything but force it out the redhead. He didn't want to be like the guys that hurt Kirishima.

"Bakugou, we're here," Uraraka said, gently placing a hand on Bakugou's shoulder.

"I need a drink. You guys go first," Bakugou said, wanting to put off seeing the redhead for a while longer.

"Alright," Uraraka said, biting her lip. "If there's something wrong, you know you can talk to me, right?"

Bakugou scoffed jokingly. "If you say shit like that around your boyfriend, he might start getting jealous."

Uraraka flushed a bright red before shooing the ash blonde off, adding a not-so-soft, "At least I'm brave enough to get one."

Bakugou glared in Uraraka's direction before heading to where he'd last saw vending machines last. He was ninety percent sure he saw some Flaming Hot Cheetos for a couple yen.

OoOoO

"You're Kirishima's boyfriend, aren't you?"

The ash blonde stared quizzically at the girl who looked two to three years his junior, her big emerald sparkling as if she had received all the answers to life's questions.

"Uhm, who are you?"

"Ah, sorry sorry," The girl said, waving her hand in front of her face as a sorry excuse of an apology. "I'm your friendly neighbour Ohta! Aka, Kirishima's best friend — at least, I hope I'm his best friend. Hey hey, could you ask if I'm his best friend? No wait, I should ask him myself, right?"