Chapter 30: "Traits Like These Are Hard To Love"

Quick note, I'm feeling pretty good today because I got a new pair of converse, so this chapter's gonna be pretty tame and somewhat fluffy, enjoy úwù
(Btw, don't think any of y'all care, but 🥵🥵🥵is my fav fucken emoji now after the laughing one and the ok one 😂😂👌👌)

OoOoO

Both the boys were on UA's grounds, walking to the dormitory in silence, fingers intertwined with one another's, cheeks' as red as Kirishima's hair.

"Hey, Kirishima," Bakugou started, his voice low and soft. The redhead glance over to the blonde, eyes staring at him curiously. "Don't mention what happened to the others," Bakugou said, turning his face away from Kirishima, too shy to face him. "Not yet at least." The blonde pulled his hand away and stuffed it into his jersey pocket, receiving a sad yet understanding look.

They continued to walk into the building, confused by how empty it was.

"Where is everyone? Shouldn't they be back by now?" Kirishima asked, walking to the kitchen then to the lounge area, Bakugou following not far behind him.

"Probably looking for you," Bakugou mumbled, laying himself down on one of the sofas, Kirishima sitting down beside him; anxiety and doubt overwhelming him; thoughts he didn't want to have consuming his mind. 'What if they're disappointed I didn't do it? What if they actually left to celebrate only to come back to me being alive? Maybe it was a better idea that I'd die.' Kirishima's breath quickened, beads of sweat rolling down his forehead. The blonde beside him took notice of this quickly and, not saying a single word, held the redhead's hand in his, drawing circles in the inside of Kirishima's hand. The simple action seemed to help Kirishima's small anxiety attack as he started to breathe more normally.

"What ever's going on in your head right now isn't true," Bakugou spoke quietly, squeezing the others' hand in his.

"We should go," Bakugou said, standing up and looking at the time; it was almost half past eleven. "I'll tell everyone that your okay, but you should get some rest." Kirishima stood up and followed the other, fiddling with his thumbs nervously. The two entered the lift. The trip up was silence, the only sound was the faint screech of the lift moving upwards. The doors opened after a few seconds and the two exited onto the fourth floor. "So," Bakugou mumbled, waving his hand lightly. "Good night. . ."

Kirishima mirrored the ash blonde's actions and whispered, "Good night." The redhead then walked into his dorm, closing the door behind him and leaning against it. 'This is so hard,' Kirishima said, slowly dropping down to the floor with his back still to the door. 'Why is life so confusing and frustrating? Why can't it be easy for once?' Kirishima sighed deeply, feeling his eyes water. 'Maybe I did something to deserve this? But I just can't fucken remember,' Kirishima thought, hitting a fist against the ground.

'Why am I even like this?' The redhead thought, hiding his face into his arms as he quietly sobbed, not knowing what the hell he was suppose to do.( A/N I swear to fucken God if any of y'all say sleep in the comments I will turn ya into a chungus, don't test me)

OoOoO

Bakugou pulled off his shirt, stretching his muscles before landing on the bed. 'Today's been fucken awful,' Bakugou thought, the memory of him and Kirishima on the bridge coming back to him. He felt the heat rush up to his cheeks, making him look like a bright red tomato. The ash blonde slapped his cheeks, telling himself that he's being stupid over nothing. ' . . .my love for you kept me alive.'