Chapter 29: Broken and Bruised, But Never With You ♡

The cold air blew gently, pushing the red strands of hair in its direction as crimson eyes stared endlessly at the the empty swing set resting in the middle of this playground. He didn't know where in the city he was or how he'd got there, but he was there and that's all that really mattered. Although looking quite calm, Kirishima was breaking inside. He was light dust atop the surface of a cupboard and he'd blow away with one move. Words ran across his mind like cars on a highway, memories coming and going at the speed of light. If it was possible to see how broken someone was from their outwards appearance, he'd be a porcelain doll that had been tossed from a twenty story building rooftop.

Kirishima's phone rested face up on the floor in front of him, it lighting it every second or so to notify him of another message from the ash blonde.

Boom Boom Boi [06:47PM] Oi where the fuck are you?

Boom Boom Boi [06:48PM] Jesus, the fuck are you??

Boom Boom Boi [06:50PM] For fuck's sake if you ignore my texts I'm going to fucking kill your sorry ass

Boom Boom Boi [06:52PM] Thats fucken it, I'm going to fucking find you and when I do you'll be fucken sorry

There were a few other messages from his other classmates, though they were mostly the same thing.

' Are you okay?' 'You left early is everything okay?' 'Where are you? We're kind of worried'

Kirishima told himself they didn't care, that they only felt worried out of obligation. 007's words stuck to him like knives, each slowly cutting him so the pain lasted longer. The pain lasting until he. . .

Kirishima lifted his eyes and glanced at the bridge built across a river leading to the sea. As the playground was by the sea.

'Maybe this way everything will end,' Kirishima thought picking up his phone and staring at the messages. 'The burden I put on everyone around around me, my annoying personality, everything. It'd be better that way, right? It'd all end for me, too. . . It's a win- win.' He felt his eyes sting, pearl-like tears falling down like the rain on that one day that he shared the umbrella with Bakugou; then going on to building a pillow fort with the class. The class he never belonged to.

He made his decision. Kirishima opened the messaging app, going to the class group chat he'd been added to and started typing.

"Sorry for everything, I hope this helps lift an unnecessary burden off you guys' shoulders :)"

OoOoO

Bakugou breathes out a breath of fresh air, keeping his eyes out for a certain redhead. He vaguely remembered being around this part of the city, the smaller houses lined row by row on one side and the sea on the other. He was pretty sure there was a playground about a ten minute walk from there if he continued at his pace. 'Wasn't there a bridge on the way?' He thought, a fuzzy memory popping in his mind.

[ underlined italic is the flashback because I forgot how I did flashbacks before ]

Bakugou swung on the swing sets, watching closely at a stray cat that had found its way onto the playing ground. Bakugou found it quite intriguing how the cat managed to survive on the streets with only three legs and an ear missing.

"You're one tough kitty," the ash blonde said, stopping the swing and petting the cat once it got close.

The cat stared intently into Bakugou's eyes before walking away. Bakugou— being the curious child he was— followed the cat closely behind. Once the cat stopped, Bakugou looked up to see a boy, his age, sitting on the railing of the bridge, his legs swinging idly as he stared off into the sea view. "Oi, what the heck are you doing?" Bakugou asked, sounding more worried than he usually would saying that sentence.