Chapter 31

Strands of Kylo's black hair stick to his sweat filled forehead as his dominant hand ached. After hours of training, a shake had begun to set, his wrist faltering slightly as he maneuvered his feet cautiously. Kylo's eyes dart from the sheer red mask of the guard down to his hand that was gripping his pointed, plasma filled staff.

The straining feeling that Kylo has been feeling from his stitches cease as they finally rip open, causing his lips to part and twitch in pain. 

Snoke stops his pacing behind Kylo as he spots the blood emerging from the edge of his bare shoulder. He steps closer, just inches away from his back.

"Injuries can happen out in the battlefield." Snoke spoke behind him. "Instead of having it weaken you, use that pain to feed your power."

Snoke slams a closed fist against his injured back, making him grimace in pain as his body slightly jolts forward from the sudden hit. Again Snoke strikes another punch and this time he keeps his body sturdy as his nostrils flare in anger. His shoulders quickly move up and down as he takes deep breaths in. One more hit and Kylo's pain quickly fuels his anger as he feels that deeper connection to the dark side of the force.

"Now go." Snoke grinned.

Kylo quickly storms towards the guard like a rabid nexu that had been let off his leash. He lifts his lightsaber once more with a silent look of determination and brings it down with a force as he stepped towards him. The guard lifts his staff, the impact of the two weapons hitting each other creates a static sound.

Kylo's shaking only intensifies as the guard suddenly pushes his lightsaber away but Kylo quickly twists it back in front of him and swipes it in a horizontal motion. The guard jumps back, hunching his torso inwards to avoid the end of the crackling lightsaber but with Kylo's other hand he brings the guards body up to the air and then slams him back down to the floor, making him lose grip of his staff.

Kylo stomps toward the guard that was quickly reaching for his staff before standing back up, getting ready to go again but as they both raise their weapons in the air again, Snoke interrupts in a discouraged tone.

"Never mind.. that shall be enough for today." His voice echoed off the walls.

Kylo stops in his tracks, lowering his lightsaber back to his side. The guard mimics his moves and silently walks back to his empty position between two other guards. Kylo turns off his fiery lightsaber before turning around and reaching down towards his uniform that he had tossed to the side. He comes back up to see Snoke sitting back down on his throne.

"You lack motivation, Ren." He sneered. "The rage that was feeding off your pain should've been enough to help you connect deeper into the dark side and cause one of the best guards, trained in Teras Kasi to surrender in defeat."

Kylo says nothing as he hung his head down, putting on his robes.

"But he was still able to get up and fight you."

"I just need more training." Kylo said, picking up his head.

"Oh you will get it, of that you can be sure of." Snoke growled. "I know that you will rise to be as strong as (y/n), for you have the same untamed power that she carries in her."

Kylo quickly looks down clipping his belt back on but really he was just trying to hide the twitch his face made at the mention of your name slithering out of his mouth.

"Incidentally, I was informed that young (y/n) was released from the medical bay today." He said, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, master." He simply replied, raising his head to look him in the eye and avoid suspicion. "I heard as well."

"Well she recovered fast didn't she?" Snoke said.

'Yea she recovered fast from the injuries you inflicted on her!' Kylo internally yelled in his head.

How he wished he had his mask on right now so that he didn't need to keep his disgusted emotions hidden from his face.

Kylo clears his throat "She is quite the fighter."

"Yes, I've always known." He chuckled. "Great things will come from her.. and certainly from the grandson of the great Darth Vader as well."

"I will not fail you." Kylo slowly said as he felt the adrenaline from the training wearing off and the pulsating pain on his back overtaking.

"It would be wise not to, Kylo Ren." Snoke menacingly said. "You're dismissed."

Kylo silently bows his head before bending down to gather his helmet and lightsaber he left laying on the black floor. Walking towards the doors, he clips his lightsaber onto his belt and puts his mask back on.

As he steps out of the throne room and the doors shut behind him, he surprisingly feels your presence near. That would mean you were in your room since it's located on this restricted floor but Kylo would've thought you would be trying to go back to your duties at the command center since he knew you were sick of not having anything to do.

Kylo heads down the seemingly empty halls, ignoring the pain that was screaming at him for attention. When he nears your door he can hear a commotion going on inside.. the sounds of your grunts and grumbles mixed with the sounds of a lightsaber buzzing then crashing against something. Kylo's forehead creases in confusion and concern. Fearing you might be under attack and in trouble, he paces toward your door and quickly waves his hand to open it.