Chapter 32

Kylo walks in to see you striking one last blow to your wall, the metal melting at the mercy of your crimson lightsaber as orange sparks flew and smoke rose into the air.

You growl as you turn to your right and point the end of your saber to whoever's presence you just felt come in, only to see that it was Kylo with his helmet in his hand.

Panting with wide eyes, you turn it off at the sight of him and clip it back onto your belt. Immediately, you blink out of your rage as you felt every cell in your body compelling you to get closer to him.

"Kylo." You breathed out. "I'm sorry.. I didnt know it was you."

"It's okay." He tilts his head. "Are you alright?"

You wave your hand in front of you, shutting the door next to him. "Yea just letting off some steam on this wall instead of doing it on the next person I spotted."

Kylo steps towards you to get a better view of the damaged wall, slanted and horizontal lines still glowing red from the repeated hits with your lightsaber. He turns his head to the left and right to see older slashes, from past times he assumed but they still almost took up the entire bottom half of the wall.

"And you say I have a worse temper than you." He chuckled.

You shift your weight onto one foot, folding your arms across your chest. "Hey now I have good reasons and like you've said, the personnel on this ship can really be something else."

Kylo twists his body towards you again with a half smile. "Well I'm glad to see that you're feeling like yourself."

You hum in agreement. "But what about you? I can feel the pain you're trying to suppress."

"Its just my back.. the stitches ripped during training and Snoke saw it as an opportunity to teach me a new lesson." He said.

"Oh stars..it was that lesson." You said, remembering when you were taught it as well.

Kylo lets out a sigh. "I'll survive.. it's just going to take a bit longer to heal now."

"Come here... let me see it." You said, grabbing his free hand and tugging him towards your bed.

You guide him to sit on the edge of your bed and let go of his hand. You grab his mask and place it on your nightstand before climbing up on the bed and crawling behind him, folding your legs underneath you once you were facing his back.

Kylo starts to take off a layer of clothing at a time. First his belt, putting it next to him on the bed then his hooded cloak along with his robes and tunic. You quickly notice the scratch marks on his shoulder that were peeking out of his last shirt. He lowers his suspenders off his shoulders and carefully slips off his black tank.

You scrunch your face, wincing at the sight of his back. Five bloodied lines, starting from the edge of his left shoulder and running down across his back until it stops right in the middle. Fresh blood was coming out from the open wound that was also surrounded with red, puckered skin.

"How bad is it?" He softly said.

"Its not that deep.. I'll be able to fix it."

Kylo draws his eyebrows together as he turns his head slightly to the side to look at you from the corner of his eye.

"You know about the medical field?" He asked

You shake your head. "No but I do know the power of force healing, thanks to my grandfather."

"Force healing is a very powerful light side ability. There's never been tale of a force user that's been equal in power with both the dark and light side."

"I know.. the force has always been used as either-or but I think I can do this."

"You just get more interesting by the day don't you?" Kylo said, turning his head forward again.

You raise an eyebrow. "Well at least you'll never get bored."

Kylo's shoulders jerk as he stifles a chuckle, making you smirk.

You then quickly recompose yourself, letting out a deep breath as you're about attempt something you've only read about. You hover your hand inches above his back, as you close your eyes and try with all your might to follow the teachings you remembered from the journal and for the first time ever you don't call upon the dark side but instead to the light side of the force.

Crinkles form on the edges of your eyes as you squeeze them shut even tighter, trying your hardest to search for something that was starting to feel like was out of reach for someone like you.

But then you start to remember Kylo's words on Tatooine, that you still had your grandfather's Jedi heart beating inside you. He was right. Even though you were raised through the dark side, you still had been born from the light and nothing could take that part of you away, not even Snoke himself.

You decide to calm yourself and unclench your eyes but continue to keep them closed. You let out a small breath before inhaling to fill your lungs with fresh air. Slowly but surely, you begin to feel that vague connection that never completely faded away from inside you. 

Kylo suddenly feels a strange, tingly sensation replace the hot stinging burn of his wounds as you continued to remain silent behind him. He holds his breath in anticipation until he suddenly felt nothing. No more tingling but also no more pain, no throbbing.. nothing.

These are your first steps...

A soothing, accented voice echoes in your head, causing you to abruptly open your eyes in a startled motion.

                                   A/N
                 Important! (Please Read)

Firstly, I changed my cover photo since I want to have a theme going on in my profile. Shoutout to adddddddammm-deactivated201890 (whew) on tumblr for the very beautiful edit. They have sadly deactivated their account but you still got to give those credits!!

Secondly, I want to state that I know in the comic books and video games etc. etc. there have been mentions of force users using both sides of the force but for the sake of my story and how I want to go about it, no such thing has ever been heard of or thought possible to be able to be equally strong in both.

"The force has always been either-or." Which means that the force has always been used with either the dark side OR with the light side.  (Sorry if that concept bothers any of you guys):

Lastly, many apologies that I didn't post last weekend due to work and school hitting me all at once but I'm still posting this weekend so that means not waiting that long for the next update!(: